Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What does it mean when it says "can't load .wav, doh!"  (Read 9539 times)

londez

• New User
    • View Profile
What does it mean when it says "can't load .wav, doh!"
« on: January 11, 2009, 18:27:28 »

I'm guessing that it loads the samples to the DS RAM and this message means that the .wav is too big. 

If this is indeed the case, is there any way that I can have it read the samples directly off of my sd or use a portion of the micro sd as extra RAM? (I don't know whole lot about different types of memory, so please excuse any dumb questions). 

It seams like the majority of samples that will actually work sound like nintendo samples.  There are a small amount of samples from the Berklee Sampleing archives that I can use, but most of the synth samples won't load. 

usrfriendly

• View Profile
Re: What does it mean when it says "can't load .wav, doh!"
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 11:40:13 »

The samples might be too big.

0xtob

• NitroTracker Moderators
    • View Profile
Re: What does it mean when it says "can't load .wav, doh!"
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 18:57:04 »

Make sure your samples are in the right format. They need to be PCM wav files with no compression. NT can only use mono samples, but will convert stereo samples to mono upon loading. Bit rate and sampling rate do not matter though. I recommend Audacity for converting samples. The DS has 4MB of RAM, and you should be able to load a total of 3MB of samples. If your samples are bigger, you need to reduce the sampling rate.
Pages: [1]   Go Up