Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volcanic Forge Compo 2009  (Read 7158 times)

royalgardens

• New User
    • View Profile
Volcanic Forge Compo 2009
« on: January 17, 2009, 18:49:08 »

Edit by m0d: This might be of interest to have a look in to; hence it's in the lobby while the site seems to be offline/unreachable, it will be reposted later according to the original poster.

A new compo, VOLCANIC THEME, is scheduled for 2009, natural samples and motivational information is available from
[broken url removed] with historic video and media clips as well as a huge selection of natural sound samples from that environment.

Primary categories include tracked and sequenced audio, video media, simulated and mathematical (demo) presentations, "documentary" (production media), and "game (educational) environment" ... All of which will have both an optimized and presentation oriented group.

In short, the theme is Volcanic, the region volcanic, and we will try to audience all requests for samples or specific media from this volcanic area.

All contributions will be made public with no restrictions or legal stupidity. Broadcast public service radio may use the audio presentations in continuous random loop (with id media name tagging) over the Hawaii Volcano National Park as well as other public domain compilations related to Royal Gardens, Hawaii.

[broken url removed]

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 03:29:50 by m0d »

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
Re: Volcanic Forge Compo 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 21:24:28 »

Nice to see another compo up and about!

But, right now, I cannot load the page though, have you checked it works? I found that the 'compo' subdomain isn't yet registered in DNS, or if it's only just been added by you it'll take a few hours before the rest of the world knows.

Address Not Found

compo.royalgardens.us could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

Very strange.

An nslookup results in a non-existent hostname/domain for the 'compo' subdomain.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 21:44:27 by m0d »
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

m0d

• Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 13:56:39 »

Still not accessible.
💬 Modarchive Discord

m0d

• Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 16:30:41 »

Sorry, I'm removing this post out of the Events forum, because it clearly isn't being monitored by the original poster. Sadly, the URL posted still isn't working, therefore useless.

I have sent the poster a private message regarding this.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 16:39:01 by m0d »
💬 Modarchive Discord

royalgardens

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 23:10:12 »

Human typo in registry, cname was wrong.

Will post presentation data for the compo and related activities in a new post later, sorry for latency in response.

Has anyone else run earth-theme or similar activities that could be used as a guide? I will make sure all available media is accessible, along with historical themes and educational materials, but I would like to use a modern activity theme rather than a 90s style compo due to new media techniques and more efficient communications.

Thoughts?

m0d

• Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 03:26:53 »

Welcome back, I moved the post to the lobby, Good ol' CNAME typos eh :)

I can't comment on your reply though, I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're setting out to achieve, it certainly sounds far more complicated than the usual style of music compo, what confuses me is the mention that this is not necessarily just for musicians or something, or?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 03:30:16 by m0d »
💬 Modarchive Discord

royalgardens

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 21:42:01 »

This project aims to re-converge the technologies used in machine sequencing and control systems, media and production, and scientific processes, as all are identical in foundation design.

The physical event, at Kilauea Volcano, will be set for late in 2009 depending on a current predictive study of the volcanic flow and expected volcanic events.

I am bringing up high resolution audio (scientific) into the Pu'u O'o crater this week, as well as some advanced vibration sensors on the primary flow, allowing for recordings and samples from the flow itself as well as the desirable sounds of the surface lava expansion (crystal).

If there are no standardized module formats that accurately handle 4d (3d audio) with a full feature set, we will use this opportunity to finalize a format that allows for 3d sequence positioning and other related rendering capabilities. Are there?

The event is primarily oriented to the tracker/demo/etc facets, however the goal is to guide advanced media and code generation toward a scientifically useful pursuit.

More soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Up