Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: compiling errors  (Read 13948 times)

Zaxxon

• New User
    • View Profile
compiling errors
« on: February 02, 2009, 04:54:02 »

I'm trying to compile Milkytracker on WinXP under visualstudio. I get a whole lot of errors.

most of them some version of this

error C2664: 'PPCheckBox::PPCheckBox(pp_int32,PPScreen *,EventListenerInterface *,PPPoint,bool)' : cannot convert parameter 3 from 'SectionOptimize *const ' to 'EventListenerInterface *'
        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast

as well there are several ppui related errors in tracker.h.

does anyone know what is going on?

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: compiling errors
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 15:27:49 »

Have you checked whether the include paths are correct?

Zaxxon

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 21:06:40 »

Have you checked whether the include paths are correct?

well at first it wasn't locating the platform SDK and freezing up on afxres.h, so I added that to the include path. It's not complaining about not being able to find something, just about all of these PPUI functions needing casts. Is this likely because of a missing header? If so which header?

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 21:49:56 »

well at first it wasn't locating the platform SDK and freezing up on afxres.h, so I added that to the include path.
afxres.h ??? Dunno what's the problem here, but I can tell you that MilkyTracker has got minimal Windows header dependencies.

It's not complaining about not being able to find something, just about all of these PPUI functions needing casts. Is this likely because of a missing header? If so which header?

My guess is that it can't find the interface definition for the EventListener class and that's why it's complaining about the missing cast.

Probably some name clash or something. MilkyTracker compiles right out of the box even with the oldest compilers.

Zaxxon

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 23:28:19 »

afxres.h ??? Dunno what's the problem here, but I can tell you that MilkyTracker has got minimal Windows header dependencies.

it was something in one of the RTAudio files if I recall correctly. I think I'm going to purge everything and try again.

Quote from: pailes
Probably some name clash or something. MilkyTracker compiles right out of the box even with the oldest compilers.

perhaps it's the newness of the compiler that is the problem. Do you know who made the project file for Visual studio that's distributed with the source, maybe there is something wierd going on in there that's telling it to find the MFCs or something.

Zaxxon

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 23:41:04 »

you know I just realized that I might have put the winCE "Missing" directory in there, which might be causing name conflicts.

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 09:46:56 »

perhaps it's the newness of the compiler that is the problem.

Unlikely. I compile regularly also with newer compilers and MilkyTracker only uses basic c++ constructs.

Do you know who made the project file for Visual studio that's distributed with the source, maybe there is something wierd going on in there that's telling it to find the MFCs or something.

I made it but it was just an import of a much older VS6 project done in a real hurry so it's not supposed to be waterproof. I cleaned it up a while ago, release is still pending though.

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 09:47:31 »

you know I just realized that I might have put the winCE "Missing" directory in there, which might be causing name conflicts.

Are you trying to compile for Windows or Windows CE?

Zaxxon

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 17:18:50 »

WinXP SP2 is the target. I tried getting rid of the winCE and Carbon directories and I endend up with the compiling messing up somewhere else having to do with PPUI stuff in Tracker.h.

Are you trying to compile for Windows or Windows CE?

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 22:24:25 »

try compiling the included visual studio project once again and post the error log.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up