Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: exporting  (Read 5145 times)

mahamajama

• New User
    • View Profile
exporting
« on: March 03, 2009, 03:34:50 »

Hi.

I've been using MilkyTracker for a little while now but there's one thing that I haven't yet figured out.  Is there any way to export a song as another format (other than .xm.  Something like .mp3 or .wav.  If this requires any external programs, could you maybe recommend some?  (I'm on a Mac but some simple .exe files will work (I have darwine)).

Thanks.

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: exporting
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:43:16 »

The "Disk Op" panel in MilkyTracker offers wav export. Alternatively you can press Cmd+R in FT2 mode to open the HD recorder directly.

mahamajama

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 20:43:55 »

Thanks!

For some reason the output boosts the bpm (from 167 to about 175) and the key (from c# to d#) but that happens with my old output method too, so oh well.  Thanks for your help though.  Cutting out the middle man (modplug in this case) is always a plus.

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 07:51:55 »

This is actually not possible at all. The disk writer exports the song exactly as it would be played. I would assume that the program you load it into can not deal with the sample rate of the output wav. It might be a problem with 48000 Hz vs. 44100 Hz.

Important:
You should note that some macs simply don't support switching the output device sample rate. Even if the config panel says that e.g. 48000 Hz is selected, the sound device might still be set to 44100 Hz (or vice versa) and thus your song is playing either too fast or too slow but the disk writer does output it correctly.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 07:53:26 by pailes »
Pages: [1]   Go Up