Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DosMod / WinMod / JavaMod  (Read 11878 times)

quippy

• New User
    • View Profile
DosMod / WinMod / JavaMod
« on: March 15, 2009, 10:54:26 »

Hi there,

if you are searching for a java web player: I wrote a java player (javamod) which is also capable of being used in the web (as an applet). For more information please visit my javamod homepage.

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: DosMod / WinMod / JavaMod
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 14:18:55 »

I've split this post from the "BASS for Java" thread, as this project doesn't seem to be based on BASS. It looks very interesting, though, especially due to IT support. If it's good enough, maybe it's worth a look at the engine to use this for the TMA web player? Although I'm not really fond of a IT player that doesn't support NNA...:)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 14:23:59 by Saga Musix »
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

quippy

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 18:37:39 »

Hi again.

A lot of time has passed and development on JavaMod continued. The NNAs are still to come (haven't had much time recently...) but I am working on it to finish IT support.
Meanwhile I would of course appreciate any comment on the work and I like to get reviews and bug reports - the better the software can get.

Thanks!

lymang

• New User
  • SAFETY DANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 21:08:24 »

Well it's been a long time since you posted, but I have used the Java Mod Player quite a bit.  It's not perfect - sometimes it refuses to play a song and throws an arcane Java error in tiny text at the bottom of the window.  Otherwise functionally it seems pretty good.  I do have a few quibbles with some songs that don't sound quite right, but I'd say 95% of the time it's very good.  I like that it is a portable chunk of Java - the modularity of that is nice.  No install necessary.  The GUI sometimes doesn't behave well if you mess with the size of the window.

There, that's my feedback.

DragShot

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 23:48:57 »

I'm glad to see you posted your player here :D . I use JavaMod frequently, overall due to the mixing options it brings and the equalizer. Although the GUI uses high amounts of CPU clock (and it might show small halts during playback when applying a lot of effects and stuff), it's very good for standard audio playback when we're speaking about Java.

Nice job.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 22:15:17 by DragShot »
Pages: [1]   Go Up