Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted to share a new mod of mine but it's MT2 - what's my best option?  (Read 8659 times)

billyskank

• New User
    • View Profile

Hi trackers,

I recently tried my hand at tracking again after almost ten years. I had written lots of modules when I was younger using Tracker and Desktop Tracker - you probably hadn't heard of those because they were on the Archimedes. But that isn't my point. :)

I just finished my first new mod, and am pretty happy with it. I wanted to share it, but I used MadTracker and just discovered that The Mod Archive doesn't accept MT2 mods. My bad, I should have checked first, but already I'm hooked on MadTracker and don't want to give it up. In fact I just went and paid for the professional registration.

What's my best option for sharing my work? Is it possible to convert an MT2 mod to a supported format while maintaining fidelity? Or should I just use the MadTracker hosting when it comes through and link my homepage to there?

Cheers,
Rich.

barryvan

• I can't decide if you're adorable or creepy.
    • View Profile
    • barryvan

Your best bet is probably to convert to MP3. As far as I know, MadTracker can do that out of the box.
www.barryvan.com.au - design & music

the barryvan compo - Bimonthly inspiration-based compo

barryvan  @ Last.fm

billyskank

• New User
    • View Profile

Hi, good morning!

Already done, for the moment I've uploaded it to my ISP webspace: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/richard-wild/music/rich-hardcore1.mp3

The playback is a bit choppy though, probably best to save the file locally before playing it.

Rich.

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More

oooh ravey :) why does it glitch though? It seems the recording is screwed... skips beats. Saving it locally doesn't change a thing.

Regarding Archimedes, the only music app I remember from my school days on them was Maestro. Ewww. Notation :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 16:21:50 by mZerod »
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

billyskank

• New User
    • View Profile

Hmmm how annoying. Must have happened during the upload? The original mp3 on my machine definitely doesn't glitch. I'll try another upload. Thanks for listening!  I wanted to try to recreate the sort of rave I remember from the good old days of 94-95. :)

billyskank

• New User
    • View Profile

I fixed it by uploading it again with FileZilla instead of the DOS ftp client, it seems to be fine now. :)

It was a good first play to get used to some of the features of MadTracker. I used the distortion effect on the bass drum and the bass line to get that hardcore sound. I used the resonant filter to get the squelchy acid sound, and reverb on the piano and synth to give it some body. After I exported it to a WAV I used Audacity to equalize it a bit, because the original mod is a bit bass heavy, and then finally I compressed it to add the finishing touch. I'm very happy with the result.

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!

Well, that sounds pretty oldskool indeed. :D
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

billyskank

• New User
    • View Profile

Thanks!  That's what I was after.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up