Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking For Two Tunes...  (Read 5189 times)

The VidKid

• New User
    • View Profile
Looking For Two Tunes...
« on: July 09, 2009, 13:45:44 »

Hello there!,

I was sort of forced to register because I'm searching for songs that I can't seem to find. I used to have hundreds of MOD/S3M/IT files back in the day when the internet was young and BBSes were still king. I used to download these MOD files on my "blazing fast" 14.4 bps modem. And then eventually hooked up my tapedeck to my computer's soundcard and recorded the music to cassette tape so I can listen to it on my Walkman and/or cassette player in my car.

I came here looking for some of my favourites... obvious ones being music by Skaven / Purple Motion / Future Crew. I also came across a few just by looking at their song/artist names, and went OMG *THAT* song! LoL.

But there's a couple I'm trying to remember that I can't seem to find. I spent hours trying to find these two songs in particular (of the ones I can remember off the top of my head).

1. There's this remix of the Butterfly Flies Away song. I believe the actual song was just called "Butterfly  / killing me softly .. remix".. something like that. It's basically the techno sounding part of the original song, but much much slower.. REALLY slow.. and as the song progresses the tempo picks up.. I LOVED THAT. But towards the end of the song, you start to hear this "Tarzan jungle call" sample, which was sorta annoying. I believe the mod was an "XM" file, as I was not able to play it in ScreamTracker. Well, those were the only clues I can think of. Anyone have this or know where I can find it??

2. There's this song that was piano in the beginning and electric guitar later on... I think. I remember for sure it was piano at the beginning. And I remember in the text inside the song, it said something a paragraph.. which had the sentence "Written on a rainy day" or weekend or something... I know this is terrible clues, but it was a beautiful song.. and I can't remember the name of it. I believe it was some kind of love song...?

Well, if anyone can remember the names of these songs that would be great. I tried looking on this site, and searched by genre and by name, and came up with nothing.

Regards,
- TVK -

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: Looking For Two Tunes...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 17:50:30 »

My guess on the second one:
http://modarchive.org/module.php?63859 - This has a piano, guitars and the song title is "when da rain gets over". Not a love song, but that's as close as my personal collection gets here.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

The VidKid

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 21:12:43 »

Hmm... nope that isn't the song. Thanks for trying, though. =)

The name of the song, I feel had something to do with "love" .. like.. passion.. or affection.. or adoration.. something like that... or I could be totally wrong. LOL.

And it was the "internal text" that mentioned something about writing the song one rainy day or something like that. It was beautifully written, and sounded amazing in Scream Tracker 3. I wonder what it sounds like now in a Windows Based app.

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 16:14:15 »

👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

The VidKid

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 11:24:08 »

Not this one is it? - http://modarchive.org/module.php?26

Nope. But nice mellow song, though. The piano song is pure piano at the beginning, nothing more. No sound effects or anything, or added instruments.
Pages: [1]   Go Up