Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, I guess.  (Read 5767 times)

TheMusicGuy

• New User
  • It helps to be slightly crazy.
    • View Profile
    • Alphaios.net - Home of...stuff.
Hello, I guess.
« on: August 27, 2009, 06:07:44 »

Hi there. I registered here a long time ago to ask for help with MilkyTracker, but I guess I never introduced myself. I got an email saying something to the effect of "you've never posted anything, so why don't you say hello?" Which is odd, because I could have sworn I has posted a question about MilkyTracker at some point.

Anyway, I'm TMG. No, I didn't pick that name just for the Mod Archive; I've been using it for years. I picked it because it was simple and expressed one of my favorite hobbies. Looking back I think I would rather have picked something more like "SomeModGuy" because that's more accurate and sounds less conceded. ;-D Oh well.

Anyway, I recently uploaded all the mods I ever wrote on to The Mod Archive since they weren't really getting noticed on my own website, AFAIK. Recently I've been doing a lot of stuff with NES-style chiptunes because that was the kind of "music" I heard most often during my early childhood and I seem to have more of a knack for it than other kinds of tracking.

Well, that's about it. Hi, everyone!

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: Hello, I guess.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 12:22:50 »

Hi and welcome to the forums. :D
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 14:23:35 »

HI TMG, Welcome aboard, I heard most of your music when it was uploaded, you have some skills there, nice to see - and as the cliche goes: keep up the good work. Got anything in progress?
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

TheMusicGuy

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 23:19:22 »

Well, "in progress" is kind of a tricky term for me. I always have a handful of modules "in progress," but as it tends to go, I start way more mods than I ever finish...I've got a ton of mostly unfinished things lying around, waiting for my inspiration to kick in. :)

Also, I would have replied sooner, but right after my first post I started having trouble logging in, apparently because I tried to update my email address. I wasn't able to log in until I re-sent an activation to my OLD email address...

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it. :D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 23:22:45 by TheMusicGuy »

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 20:12:46 »

Well, "in progress" is kind of a tricky term for me. I always have a handful of modules "in progress," but as it tends to go, I start way more mods than I ever finish...I've got a ton of mostly unfinished things lying around, waiting for my inspiration to kick in. :)

You aren't the only one! Since I started tracking (again) I have ended up with a bucket load of ideas and a work in progress which is just stuck at the moment. I find staying up _really_ late helps with the inspiration but the times i get to do that are few and far between. Glad you got your account sorted out, I saw your SW message and replied but I guess you saw that already ;)

Greetz!
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

TheMusicGuy

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 06:35:05 »

Yeah...well, I won't repeat what I already said on the wall, but it just goes to show you you're never completely exempt from the trickery of the spam box. :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up