Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLVED: How do you make the [] note?  (Read 6321 times)

KOMBAK

• New User
    • View Profile
SOLVED: How do you make the [] note?
« on: September 16, 2009, 20:53:26 »

Hi Guys,

I just started tracking 3 days ago, and picked up milkytracker.  It is a pretty rad tool and I have learned a LOT in the past 3 days (I am an absolute noob on this stuff).

Anyway, my question is:  What key combination makes the [_] character?  Not sure what you would call it, it seems to be a stop, mute, or dampener of some kind.

Whatever it is, I really like adding it to my bass effects, but I have to copy and paste it from another file every time.

The only thing I could find was that it was the <> key on a German keyboard.

Well, I use an English Keyboard and an English layout (tried changing to German layout, but no luck).  I have pressed every key on my keyboard, and many of them with a modifier (alt,shift,ctrl, etc).

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Kombak
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 15:19:56 by KOMBAK »

Deltafire

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: How do you make the [] note?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 22:05:12 »

I think you're referring to the note-off symbol.  It's explained in the docs, but I think you can use the key to the right of left-shift, or possibly tab, maybe caps-lock..

usrfriendly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 12:18:15 »

In Windows and Linux under FastTracker Edit Mode, it's caps lock, under MilkyTracker Edit Mode, it's the tilde key ( the one with the ` and ~ on it next to the 1 key on a QWERTY keyboard).

Research I just did holds says that the UK keyboard layout is identical to the US layout (I didn't know...), so it should apply.

KOMBAK

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 15:19:41 »

Thanks Deltafire, poguemahon,

It turns out it is the caps-lock key as Deltafire said.

I wasn't sure what it was called, so the documentation wasn't helpful!

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up