Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Note off key in Linux  (Read 4558 times)

pwr+vol

• New User
    • View Profile
Note off key in Linux
« on: October 10, 2009, 01:06:11 »

Under the Linux (Ubuntu specifically) version of Milky, the note-off key is backtick `.  From the manual:
The key right of LShift   Enter key-off
The key below Esc   Enter key-off (Windows only)
1   Enter key-off (OS X only)
So apparently I'm running Windows :D.  I suspect "The key below Esc" means "backtick", but of course, my laptop keyboard is all screwy, and the backtick is by the spacebar.  Can it not just say "backtick" or "tilde" instead?

By the way, I haven't seen too many different keyboard layouts, but on all I've seen, "The key right of LShift" is z, which is a C4 note-on.  Is there something weird with SDL on Linux?

Wouldn't it be easiest to just draw a picture of a keyboard? :D

By the way, I'm not just idly whining about stuff; I'm willing to contribute.

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: Note off key in Linux
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 23:36:08 »

Keyboard layouts vary greatly between European countries. For example: my "key below esc" produces § and ½. My tilde key is next to Enter, my "key right of LShift" does <, > and |. I am under the impression that the updated manual on the website says "Windows and SDL" instead of "Windows only", I could be wrong though. But you can see it's not so simple, the roundabout ways of expression are there for compatibility. Take "backtick" for example: for one, I have never heard that word used before and for two, that particular key (combination) does absolutely nothing in MilkyTracker on my keyboard. ;)

nomadsoulX

• New User
  • There is no knowledge that is not power
    • View Profile
Re: Note off key in Linux
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 18:02:23 »

Guys. Sometimes key-off is ~     In my distro (ubuntu 9.04) i use ~ when i am keying-off
Pages: [1]   Go Up