Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minor glitches in Space-debris and ascent.s3m  (Read 5257 times)

Gopher

• New User
    • View Profile
Minor glitches in Space-debris and ascent.s3m
« on: December 05, 2009, 23:33:05 »

Okay, here goes;
In ascent.s3m, every now and then when there is a porta-to note, usually a series of 300 (following a 302 or something like that) it exaggerates the portamento effect (strangely, not on the echo track though). Even more weirdly, when I playback the pattern to double-check, it plays it fine... but then the problem recurs on the next pattern or two. This happens quite a lot in ascent.s3m.

Space-debris:
Pattern 1B(21) and 1C(20); start playing from 1B so you can get the lead-in correctly, and something weird goes on. I'm not entirely sure what is going on here, because the channel in error is #3, which is playing sample 11. In my copy, sample 11 is extremely short (a4 bytes) yet the tracker is using command 934 which is an extremely large offset. Some double-checking is in order here, so just take this as an FYI.

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: Minor glitches in Space-debris and ascent.s3m
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 19:10:55 »

Okay, here goes;
In ascent.s3m, every now and then when there is a porta-to note, usually a series of 300 (following a 302 or something like that) it exaggerates the portamento effect (strangely, not on the echo track though). Even more weirdly, when I playback the pattern to double-check, it plays it fine... but then the problem recurs on the next pattern or two. This happens quite a lot in ascent.s3m.

It's because s3m and xm are not 100% feature compatible. There is some kind of conversion and interpolation being performed on import. In most cases this works fine but not always.

Space-debris:
Pattern 1B(21) and 1C(20); start playing from 1B so you can get the lead-in correctly, and something weird goes on. I'm not entirely sure what is going on here, because the channel in error is #3, which is playing sample 11. In my copy, sample 11 is extremely short (a4 bytes) yet the tracker is using command 934 which is an extremely large offset. Some double-checking is in order here, so just take this as an FYI.

Is that an xm module? I did find quite some songs with that name in different formats.

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: Minor glitches in Space-debris and ascent.s3m
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 20:16:02 »

in case of space debris, that would appear to be a broken mod file or something; the sample in my version (which I got from modarchive, I guess) is long enough for the offset effect to work.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker
Pages: [1]   Go Up