Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artists all disappeared! :(  (Read 3767 times)

KristopherWindsor

• New User
    • View Profile
Artists all disappeared! :(
« on: January 21, 2010, 12:03:10 »

Hi all. :)

I'm making a game, with MODs for music. I selected my 14 favorites, by about 10 different artists, after listening to a lot of tracks from the torrents.

I recently tried to contact the artists to get permission to use their tracks, and the results were:
  • 2 artists were professionals, so I decided not to contact them
  • I attempted to contact 2 artists, but never heard from them; I may have contacted the wrong person, since sometimes I had to search for them on Google / Facebook
  • I could not find any way to contact the creators of 5 of the tracks; I went through the comments in the modules, looked up the modules on this site, and Googled any possible leads
  • 1 person actually responded, giving me permission to use one track

So I've come to the conclusion that it'd be easier to ask which artists are still around, then to attempt to contact artists for specific modules. Is anyone still here? :) How can I find modules for which the artist has left his contact info, and is still around?

Thanks! :D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 12:05:50 by KristopherWindsor »

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: Artists all disappeared! :(
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 19:19:25 »

Well, although many artists are still active but moved on, it would probably be a good idea to have a look at the "recently seen" artist list, because those will most likely answer! :)
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker
Pages: [1]   Go Up