Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copyright and tribute issues.  (Read 7771 times)

Advertise-Play

• New User
    • View Profile
Copyright and tribute issues.
« on: April 30, 2010, 13:28:36 »

I just wanted to inform you, that many of my chiptune mods uses drum samples from Super Spy Hunter for nes.

I believe I should give a financial tribute to Sunsoft, the makers of Super Spy Hunter or at least bring it to your aware that I may use ripped/stolen samples although I deform several of them abit.

There is no creative common share over these sample so modification of them probably isn't in count.

Just wanted you to notice, for many of my mods I use samples taken from Super Spy Hunter by Sunsoft. If I could I would like Sunsoft to know it as well.

As nowdays I seek for justice, I accept a removal of every tune of my'n that include sample from Sunsoft's game. I give up for it, if removal needed or if it is needed to be informed, be free to take actions.

Oh. my goodness...

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: Copyright and tribute issues.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 18:13:10 »

So you ripped drumkit oneshots from a 20 years old game? Do you really think that they still care that about a simple snare drum or bass drum a musician created back then? :)
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

Advertise-Play

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 22:29:17 »

Yes. Might.

Sample Damage

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 07:21:20 »

;D have always wondered about this!

back in the late 90's i remember my mates talking about the "4 second rule" (meaning sampling anything for under 4 seconds waives copyright)
i think it was, not even sure if it was entirely true, where does copyright hold on a chord stab
that lasts for 8 seconds?, where is the artistic integrity in sampling 1 note? or performing a filter sweep on a chord?

makes me wonder if its a good idea posting my old stuff, back then i only had samples ripped out of other mod's, couldn't even credit the recordists/artist's cant remember its been that long.

these days i just sample my Hardware synths  & perform my own knobulations :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up