Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not sure how to title this...  (Read 5559 times)

Cobalt_

• New User
    • View Profile
Not sure how to title this...
« on: May 30, 2010, 23:11:16 »

I'm an amateur homebrew game maker using DS Game Maker, and I was wondering:
Should I progress on a game project far enough, would the community here be willing to help make music for it?

I've attempted to use Nitrotracker myself, and for every song I make that I like there are a dozen that I don't.  I could probably make my own soundtrack if I had to, but I don't think it would be too good.

I'm asking you people because of a few reasons.
One, you have flash carts and can therefore play the finished product.
Two, you use homebrew software, at least occasionally, so you can appreciate a homebrew project.
Three, anything you make in Nitrotracker will sound exactly the same in the game as it does in the editor.  I imagine that users of other software might cringe at the reduction of quality necessary to play their music on the ds.  Er, not so much.  Seems I still have to mess around with conversion and reduction.  I think it varies from song to song, but they can sound just find after conversion.
Four, I've listened to some of the stuff you've made with this program, and it's pretty impressive.

I notice that there isn't much activity on these forums, but I'm not really in a hurry here.  I can wait for a response.  Bear in mind that I'm only asking if the community would be willing to help, not requesting anything.

Forgive the underscore; my usual username was taken.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 21:28:52 by Cobalt_ »

Cobalt_

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Not sure how to title this...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 21:30:55 »

I hate to double post but this forum doesn't allow the use of pm's unless I have two posts.   ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up