Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BeRoXM - Android MOD/WOW/XM player  (Read 14123 times)

BeRo

• New User
    • View Profile
BeRoXM - Android MOD/WOW/XM player
« on: July 04, 2010, 10:51:36 »

Hello@all

i've submitted the android version of BeRoXM into the android market as adbased freeware (of course, with a adfree unlocker key) today, see http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.bero.multimedia.beroxm/BeRoXM  or directly on a android smartphone/superphone market://search?q=pname:com.bero.multimedia.beroxm but the CPU should be a fast once, optimal are >=1 GHz Devices like the Google Nexus One, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S, and so on, at least i've tested it on my Google Nexus One and my Samsung Galaxy S and in some days i will test it on my old  Motorola Milestone(/Droid) with slower CPU. And on T-Mobile G1 it will not run, because the ARM CPU of the G1 has no VFP floating point instruction support.

It plays MOD, WOW and XM (together with BeRoTracker and (Open)ModPlug Extensions, for example Filter effects with MIDI macro template backend, Stereo Samples, ADPCM-compressed Samples, and so on).

And the buffersize is hardcoded in the moment, and "can be" suboptimal for some devices. But i will make a setting for that in the future.

And who want, that I should porting my feature-overkill BeRoTracker Playerengine (MOD/STM/S3M/XM/IT/BRT/IMF/MTM/MT2/WOW/669/DMF/MIDI/etc.) to Android, must hope, pray or donate ;D Because that would will be a bigger laborious task, because the BRT Engine in the current state uses only floating point for the whole DSP mixing stuff, which I would must change it then to integer fixedpoint mixing or optimzing for the ARM NEON instruction set for a optimal perfomance on embedded ARM CPUs. But until this will occuring and if if that happens at all, BeRoXM is anyway a compromise, I think.

So have fun with BeRoXM ;)

PS. For those who has ideas, I'm open for suggestions, feature requests,  better GUI design ideas, etc.

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
Re: BeRoXM - Android MOD/WOW/XM player
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 17:03:15 »

BarCode app QRCode scan link to the app on market place ^
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 17:13:20 by m0d »
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 17:10:07 »

It actually refuses to open/run on my G1 (like you said it would). It flips straight back to the home screen after opening.

Point is, I'm not sure if you are able to limit which phone/version/type your app can deploy to, but this might be the source of the "THIS SUCKS" comment left by some dude called Mario? Surely you can prevent the app from showing up for users who can't use it... no? I suppose this is why fragmentation on Android platform sucks :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 17:14:14 by m0d »
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

BeRo

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 18:27:05 »

The market has only android version and android system feature filter, but no CPU instruction set support filter :(

The only solution would be limit it to Android 2.1 and up and OpenGL ES 2.00 support (if even BeRoXM doesn't use OpenGL, but OpenGL ES 2.0 capable devices has most always also VFP instruction set support), but some few Android 1.6 (for example Sony X10, Dell Mini´5) devices have also VFP instruction set support. Are you think, that this would a acceptable way?

BeRo

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 19:29:58 »

So i've defined it now as Android >=2.1 only, to be a bit safer, at least I hope it so. ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up