Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Milkytracker for PDA still reigns supreme?  (Read 5985 times)

luke

• View Profile
Milkytracker for PDA still reigns supreme?
« on: October 05, 2010, 15:17:00 »

Hello, I'd just like to say thankyou to the developers who ported milkytracker to PDA. I was using it a lot then i switched to sunvox. im back on milkytracker now because even though sunvox is great and has synths, reverb and such things milkytracker is just so much better!!! the layout for PDA is elegant...Basically Im saying, milkytracker is still the best portable tracking software. write a tune, then load up the .xm and add vsti parts in renoise when you are back at your computer..its the sweetest thing for portable music. milkytrackers vibrato command is better than renoise, also it has tremelo while renoise does not...milkytracker is still crazily good... hope you guys will apply the updates from 9.85 to the PDA version as well. In summary, I hadn't used milkytracker for a few months, came back to it only to realise how great it is !!! so thanks developers!!!! you have improved my life and are helping the world in general with milkytracker PDA version....would love to see that amiga filter command mentioned in the manual working someday!!! thankyou and keep up the good work!!!!

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: Milkytracker for PDA still reigns supreme?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 21:11:39 »

That's nice to hear, just a teeny tweak on your facts:

Originally MilkyTracker was a Windows CE app that got ported to OS X, desktop Windows and later to dog knows what thanks to SDL.

:)

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 12:25:28 »

I will see if I can produce some binaries. I probably will have some time next week.

TraumFlug

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 21:38:38 »

hey yeah, I'd love an up-to-date win.ce binary of milky, too. I've got an h4150 lying around here that linux sucks on (porting project seems abandoned before usable, a real pity) and just needs a new battery (old lasts like less than one hour or the like  :P) & is waiting to be milkyfied so I can finally find some time to get some tracks done when away from my pc.

can't build it myself, seems impossible from linux & my current pc is somewhat too weak to get this done in a virtual machine. in case I should really get some neater box soon where a vm is possible: do you know any links to downloads/documents on how to build ce apps like milky from win2k, or do I need to purchase stuff like msvc?

nathanpc

• New User
    • View Profile
    • Daily Computing
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 03:23:08 »

The nice part of the mobile chiptune music, is the fact that you can play, make, edit your musics on-the-go, that's why I love to have MilkyTrackers on my Jornada 720 :)
Main Development Languages C/C++ - Java - Java EE - Java ME - C# - Visual Basic - 8086, ARM, MIPS, z80 and 6502 Assembly - Delphi - WML - Pascal - Ruby
Pages: [1]   Go Up