Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm new here, be nice to me! :D  (Read 4084 times)

thymox

• New User
    • View Profile
I'm new here, be nice to me! :D
« on: April 21, 2011, 02:12:16 »

Hi all,

Been into trackers in one form or another since the mid 90s.  I have to admit that even back then I never used an Amiga, only ever DOS trackers (primarily Scream Tracker III).  For quite a prolonged period I was into ModPlug, back in the days that I still used Windows.  I briefly skirted with Psycle but never really got into it.  I'm now a 100% Linux using bod and I'm looking for some decent Linux-based trackers.  I've just got the SVN of Psycle to see if QPsycle's any good (actually the SVN is still checking out).  I've played with Modplug using WINE but didn't find it too clever... maybe I just need to play around with the WINE settings a bit more.

Anyway, it's been a while since I last played around with trackers and I'm hoping to get back into it as I used to thoroughly enjoy it.

Hopefully see you around the boards sometime.

Grant. ;)
Unix - some say the learning curve is steep, however you only have to climb it once.

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: I'm new here, be nice to me! :D
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 09:09:20 »

Welcome to the forums! o/
I have heard various result about MPT running really well or really bad in WINE, for me it's something inbetween (some weird things that should never happen under Windows happen WINE)... Hey, if you know Qt and C++, you could help us porting the GUI to Qt and thus getting one step closer to a platform independent tracker! ;P
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

thymox

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: I'm new here, be nice to me! :D
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 00:43:13 »

Alas programming is not one of my strengths... but I'm happy to test and report bugs, etc.
Unix - some say the learning curve is steep, however you only have to climb it once.
Pages: [1]   Go Up