Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HI HI  (Read 4447 times)

hunny bee

• New User
    • View Profile
HI HI
« on: January 04, 2012, 15:13:44 »

HI

I am new to this world of forums and online chatter but I have been advised to find my way in to some of these things!! so here I am trying it all out  :D
I am at uni on a music degree, in my second year and as part of one of my assignments I have to find some one who would like a piece of music making for a game, a film, a play, dance there is no real specification as to what it has to be for it just has to be done for some one else, I can not just do it and tell them it was done for some one else as apparently they will find out!! so rather than take the chance and fail I am pimping my talents all over the place!! although unfortunately so far with no success  :(

oh well Hi to all any way  :)

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
Re: HI HI
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 16:59:06 »

Let me get this straight- you want to make a piece of music yourself specifically for a form of visual media, but the visual media has to be 'externally' provided?
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

hunny bee

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 13:16:31 »

Yes thats exactly the kind of thing

I have been set this as an assignment for my uni course, its proving somewhat difficult to sort out

Argh!

• New User
    • View Profile
    • FQ Music Network Ltd
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 16:18:38 »

Hi.

You might find it quite difficult to find this sort of work online when you don't know anyone, and nobody knows what genre, quality, or format of music you can produce. Professional musicians find it hard enough to find this sort of work these days!

When I was at Uni I was tasked with some web design and found some media students at the same Uni who were tasked with producing a short film and promoting it on the internet (long before broadband connections and sites like youtube). They teamed up with one of the music students to produce music for their film and I worked with them on the web promotion, therefore resolving all our project requirements.

I think that would be your best bet, to put a notice up at Uni explaining that you'd like to work with some media students tasked with producing or directing something and you can do the incidental music for them? Not only do you get your project done, but you'll have a new group of mates to chill out with over a beer at Uni! You can never have too many of those! :)

Alternatively, you can find someone who posts videos online and get their permission to add your own music to it and publish it on youtube. Preston Becker allows this: http://www.youtube.com/user/PrestonBecker

Don't forget licensing: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

Best of luck!

Jon

hunny bee

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 19:29:34 »

Hi

Point taken I have noticed this, it is difficult either way as it always seems that everyone knows some one else and is not willing to take a gamble even if the work is free!!

I knew it was a long shot when I tried but it is always worth trying regarless  :) thank you greatly for your input and belive me I have been trying the other student method but unfortunatly with no luck, I have hit a dead end which ever way I turn.

http://soundcloud.com/search?q%5Bfulltext%5D=Hunni+bea    If you have any interest this is some of my work  :)

Thanks again for your message  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up