Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird speed/pitch problem on OSX  (Read 9410 times)

mnida

• New User
    • View Profile
Weird speed/pitch problem on OSX
« on: January 09, 2013, 14:32:10 »

Hello all,

Relative novice to MT but keen to dip a toe into the XM world having been a heavy user of Piggy Tracker and Renoise over the last couple of years... However, I've noticed a strange problem in the OSX version of Milkytracker that I was wondering if someone could advise me on.

Often when I launch MT (sometimes by doubleclicking on an XM) the module plays back at a lower pitch/speed than it should do. Quitting and reopening seems to solve the problem, but it's a bit of a pain.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on here? I'm running OSX 10.8...

Many thanks!
Matt

Deltafire

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: Weird speed/pitch problem on OSX
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 00:26:35 »

This issue has reported by Windows users also, I don't know what could be causing it.  If anyone is able to reliably reproduce the bug or figure out the cause then please post.

izmozero

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 14:07:42 »

i've noticed this problem for awhile in mac os x.
i just start milkytracker load a song and it will be higher pitched than it's supposed to be (i realize the original poster said lower pitched, but for me it is higher pitched)
if i load another song it will have the same problem
but if i close milkytracker and re-open it the files play fine...
i was using .xm too btw

i haven't tried it in 0.90.86 tho... i had 0.90.85
perhaps the xm sample loading bugs in the changelog fixed this?

izmozero

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 14:43:55 »

ok i still get the bug in the latest version (just dragging and dropping xm file into milkytracker window)
i was playing around and if i toggle thru and apply all the different mixer resolutions and hit apply while the song is playing i'm able to get it to sound higher and lower pitched than it's supposed to be and i can get it back to normal pitch too
i don't know if this is related to the bug i have no idea why i'm trying this

argasek

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 12:58:01 »

I hit this problem as well, and I think it was caused by running another application which uses different sampling rate than the one used by MT at the same time when MT is running.

d0pefish

• Milkytracker Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 23:54:19 »

Just noticed this. I fixed this one long ago:

https://github.com/Deltafire/MilkyTracker/commit/2d9e6ea7a522c9206e2764be37ec0e89c8c363d0

There have also been several more updates to the Core Audio driver since this patch.

One limitation is that if you forcibly switch frequencies outside of MilkyTracker while it already has the sound device open, you may get the mismatched speed again because MilkyTracker will not be aware you've changed the output frequency. But then you probably shouldn't be doing that anyway. :)

exaiphnes

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 04:21:14 »

2014 macbook air, 10.10.4, and I had this problem. My go-to fix was fairly simple, hope it helps someone in the future.

All I did was pick one of the other drivers that showed up in milkytracker's driver settings.
http://i.imgur.com/V6B9qeG.png
The 3rd made my audio slow, the first made it fast, and the middle was just right.

Pages: [1]   Go Up