Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arpeggiator effect insertion not working (same with Sample Editor shortcut!)  (Read 12079 times)

aardvarkk

• New User
    • View Profile

Hi there,

I'm having trouble with some input stuff in MilkyTracker. I'm trying to insert an arpeggiator effect. If I'm correct, I just go to the "effect" column and type "0" (zero), and it should create the effect, and then I can change the effect parameters. Unfortunately, when I go to that box and hit "0", nothing happens (if Add is set to 0). If Add is set to 4, nothing is inserted and it jumps forward 4 spaces. However, all effects 1-9 DO work.

Strangely, the keyboard shortcut for the sample editor doesn't seem to work. The even *weirder* part is that I use the Dvorak keyboard layout. I switch to normal layout (US) to use MilkyTracker. That way, copy and paste etc. are in the right spots. When I use the normal US layout. the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Alt-S doesn't work. If I switch to Dvorak, however, Ctrl-Alt-(Equivalent of S key) *does* work. It should send the exact same keyboard command, so that's pretty bizarre to me. Unfortunately, the arpeggiator effect still doesn't work in the Dvorak layout...

Any help on these two things would be greatly appreciated!

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!

Well, the arpeggio "problem" probably comes from the fact that the pattern editor is full of zeros by default (though by default they are not displayed). You just need to enter the arpeggio parameters and the 0 will magically appear. This comes from the fact that the 0 effect serves both as "no effect" (if the parameter is 00) and arpeggio (if the parameter is not 00) in the MOD and XM format.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

aardvarkk

• New User
    • View Profile

This sounds reasonably logical to me! I'll try it out tonight and see how she goes. Thanks for the tip!

The sample editor shortcut is annoying, but not a deal-breaker -- it just means I have to click the button with the mouse instead of being able to use the keyboard shortcut. Maybe one day I'll try to compile from source and see if I can figure out what's going wrong in there...
Pages: [1]   Go Up