Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pitch/Speed change when opening a saved file, and when exporting wav  (Read 5598 times)

JouluPam

• New User
    • View Profile

Hello.

The title pretty much says it. For some reason the tune I'm making is much speedier when I shut down milky tracker and open the file again. Also when exporting to wav the same thing happens.

When I hassle with the sampling frequency I can find the original speed again, but this is inconvenient. And for the exporting problem nothing seems to help.

Any help?

Thanks!

- JouluPam

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi

First of all, what is your setup? OS, any exotic audio hardware? Which driver are you using (in Config > I/O)?

Second, do you have a benchmark song (a module whose correct playback you're familiar with), that would illustrate the problem better?

It seems to me like you are describing the speedier playback as the problem state but I find it more likely that's actually when you're hearing correct output. And naturally that would make a song composed in slow motion sound wrong. The reason I say this is because a stubborn sound device or its drivers could impose a wrong mixing rate on live playback but when rendering directly to disk, they shouldn't be able to have any effect.

JouluPam

• New User
    • View Profile

Ah of course, you are right!

Sorry, I wasn't very informative. I'm using CoreAudio on OS X. But thanks!

- JouluPam

mnida

• New User
    • View Profile

I had the same problem under OSX which I reported here a few months back: http://forums.modarchive.org/index.php?topic=3360.0

Any thoughts as to how this could be solved?
Pages: [1]   Go Up