Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey guys.  (Read 6153 times)

AdamBomb

• New User
    • View Profile
Hey guys.
« on: July 14, 2013, 13:05:20 »

Hey, I'm Adam.
I'm not super new to music making, but I'm brand new to chiptune making.

I'd like to ask two things real quick about Milky Tracker:

I'm experiencing distorted audio in the program, and it sounds very different when played outside. Is there anything I can do about this, or is this an individual problem?

Secondly, when played outside of the program, not only does it sound different as just stated, but the audio is slowed down by half. Is there a reason for this?

I am using OS X Lion.

Be gentle. (´・ω・`)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 13:13:35 by AdamBomb »

Deltafire

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: Hey guys.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 14:30:28 »

Not sure you mean by "played outside", do you mean when you use your laptop on the patio?  I can't see why this would effect your playback speed, unless your laptop is going into some weird powersave mode!

Oito

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 22:56:44 »

I guess he meant that when he loads the sample into an instrument and presses the note
he wishes, it sounds different from playing the sample with some music player.

I'm also new to milkytracker and had a similar problem.

Is there anything I can do about this, or is this an individual problem?

I solved the problem by adjusting the relative note of the sample in the instrument editor.

The relative note was "F-6" ( and the correct sound was in C - 4),
I changed it to "F-5" and C-5 began to sound just like the sample, playing around I noticed that when you decrease the relative note octave or the note itself, you increase the "correct sound" octave or note, and vice-versa.

Secondly, when played outside of the program, not only does it sound different as just stated, but the audio is slowed down by half. Is there a reason for this?

Appearently milkytracker changes the frequency of the sample in order to create a different notes from a single sample, thus the audio becomes "faster" or "slower" depending on the note you play.

matti5

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 04:53:40 »

Different players/trackers use different resampling methods. No resampling makes the samples sound sharp and lowq.

I'm new to this too and this is just my guess. Also I'm like 10 months late.
Pages: [1]   Go Up