Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: non pitched samples?diff samples on 1 keyboard?  (Read 8422 times)

damien907

• New User
    • View Profile
non pitched samples?diff samples on 1 keyboard?
« on: August 12, 2013, 12:19:19 »

i just started using my nitro tracker today, and am enjoying it a lot, but i mostly make sample based music (ie chop a record and re arrange the parts without pitching it, or if i do, pitching all other parts the same value)

so i was wondering, is it possible to assign a sample directly to the keyboard note? then after you assign one sample, you can assign a different sample to the next keyboard note, then wash rinse repeat, until all your samples are laid out on one keyboard.

ill try to clarify what im saying below if you guys dont know,

for example, when you are loading your sounds

there is a row you can load each different sample to
sample 1
sample 2
sample 3
sample 4

then when you highlight one of these samples, the you click on the keyboard below it, it plays the sample at all different pitches, depending on which keyboard key you press.     

what im wondering is, is it possible to assign each sample to 1 note on the keyboard, so when you click the keyboard in each different place, it will play sample 1, sample 2, sample 3, ect. without having to highlight those samples from the list and then choose the sample of the corresponding pitch (ie the same pitch you chose the sample before).

the reason i want to work with my sample like this is, if im chopping a section from a record or cd, i want all my samples to be the same relative pitch as all the other ones, so its a real workflow killer when i have to click on the instrument list, and select sample one, then click note c4 on the keyboard and record that to my sequence, then for the next note, i have to click sample two from the instrument list, then find note c4 again and then put that on the sequence.
as you can see, this just adds a bunch of button clicks, while if i was playing something that would be pitched, i could just select an istrument, then play all the notes (even in real time) while its recording, because they are all at the tips of your fingers on that one keyboard, but with how its set up now, i have to open each new instrument up just to hit one note, and if i have 20 or 30 samples, this can get very time consuming.

sorry about the huge first post, just been thinking that this would be a cool feature to have, if it doesnt already do this somehow.

thanks guys!

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: non pitched samples?diff samples on 1 keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 13:25:39 »

As you might have seen, the NitroTracker forums are pretty dead. What you want to do is definitely possible in the XM format, but maybe not with NitroTracker since its GUI lacks various features. All PC-based XM trackers should support what you want, but on the DS you're lost, I guess.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

damien907

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 21:24:22 »

damnn, thats what i feared, i make music on logic 8 and an mpc, so i have it all covered there,  it would have been really cool if the nitro tracker could do this though.

its open source though isnt it? i suppose it could potentially be written in the code for an update or something? isnt that what open source means? that anyone can take it and write their own code and add to it?
yeah i have noticed that these forums are pretty dead though, and there hasnt been a nitrotracker updtate since 2010! its a shame really, its a pretty neat little tool.

maybe i can learn coding (yeah right) lol.

thanks for your reply man!

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 02:13:43 »

that anyone can take it and write their own code and add to it?
The problem, in most cases (like this one) is, that this mysterious anyone doesn't exist...
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

damien907

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 03:57:44 »

yeah, coding/writing script must be hard to do. too bad more people arent into this tracker, we could have coders and updates coming out of our ears!
Pages: [1]   Go Up