Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a Composer  (Read 13922 times)

dragonbard

• New User
    • View Profile
Looking for a Composer
« on: January 09, 2014, 03:04:29 »

Hi, folks! My name is Katt, and I am an independent musician.  I am currently working on my next album, and there is one song on the track list for which I was hoping to have chiptune/chiptune-esque accompaniment.  It is, rather fittingly, about video games.  Composing such accompaniment is beyond my skill level, and thus, I have come here to the MilkyTracker forums in the hopes that I might be able to commission a composer for this project.

I do not have the largest budget in the world (read: We're operating on a shoe string), but I'm completely willing to see what this would take and go from there.  It's hard to know how to go about budgeting for something when I don't know how much that something costs.

As far as the actual composition is concerned, I can provide you with guitar chords and a rough recording of the track to use as reference.  I would need samples of prior compositions from any interested applicants.  The song in question is in an odd time signature (3/4), so if you have any samples of songs you've composed in that or any other odd time signatures, all the better!

This composition's deadline is the end of January or within the first week or two of February, depending on how long it takes to find the right candidate.  If that time frame would not work for you, please do not apply; it is a very firm deadline due to the overall deadline of the entire project.

In addition to monetary compensation, the composer would have their name listed in the album's liner notes (along with a website URL if they have a website) to promote their work, and they would also be entitled to a contributor's copy of the finished disc.

If you're interested, you can learn more about me and my music on my studio's website or on my band's website.

And if you have any questions, I'm all ears!

Thanks for reading, folks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up