Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Searching for a module...  (Read 5331 times)

Bryd0

Searching for a module...
« on: February 05, 2014, 11:22:00 »

Okay, I have a module that I used to have on my old computer that has been stuck on my mind since, and cannot find it anywhere here at all. What's worse is that, I have completely forgotten the artist that wrote it as well as the title, and I believe it was either a MOD or XM format and had a few instruments. However, I can remember of what it sounds like that you can have a listen to (which is an amateur replication done with MilkyTracker, but I done my best at making it near-accurate to what I'm looking for).

The module is stored in the hard drive of my old computer but since I don't have a USB to SATA cable in order to retrieve it from there (yet), this will have to do for now.

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: Searching for a module...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 16:48:34 »

Not going to download from a site that requires an account for downloading. If you still have access to that old computer, it really shouldn't be a problem, should it? Get an USB stick, boot it up and copy it over.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

Bryd0

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 21:26:01 »

Well I can't, because it's gone now. Only have the hard drive for it left but I don't have the USB to SATA cable yet. Sorry, should've said it further. For the file, I'm pretty sure you can play it from that site without the need of downloading...

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 10:31:10 »

Trying to play it, it shows a notification that a plugin is needed without specifying which one. Not that playing WAVs should require anything outside the mainstream like Flash or you know, a HTML5 capable browser. You could attach the file to your post instead of using an external site with ads, registration, countdown timers and all the social networking nonsense.

Bryd0

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 21:26:43 »

I was going to do that, but it's far too large for it to be uploaded as an attachment here, not even as a zip folder (the file is about 3MB, and in a zip folder it's 1MB). Unless I know how to compress it or if the attachment file size can be increased. I'm sorry if I'm giving you all this hassle :(

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 22:21:17 »

If it's WAV like the site claimed, how about lossy compression like mp3 or ogg vorbis? Those should easily take the size down to a tenth. Easy to use encoders: mp3, ogg.

Bryd0

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 09:44:43 »

I can encode WAV files into MP3s with Audacity. I've done that, and it's now attached to this post. Hopefully I can get this problem sorted now.

Bryd0

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 13:56:05 »

Bumping this, because I've finally found what I was looking for, when I just got a hard drive mount today. It was. It was Tool's "Crono".

Someone can go ahead and lock this now, if they wish :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up