Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a different way besides modplug...  (Read 18645 times)

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
Is there a different way besides modplug...
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 01:05:04 »

I believe that was a joke on Eagle's part. Your intentions were obvious and completely fine, thanks for the input on the thread! It's good to know about the tools that people are asking for :)
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 20:31:54 »

yes, i bet it was a joke, because eagle likes some of your trackers (f.e. t0ast).... ;) get down!
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

Eagle

• Rising Star
  • Technique Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eagle's pulsonal website.
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 13:48:02 »

Quote from: "m0d"
I believe that was a joke on Eagle's part.

Indeed, it was a joke from my part. I've got to try BeRo Tracker, was going to a while ago, but I probably forgot about it when it was drown be everything else that my mind has been on the last months.

I have so many trackers... probably up in 15 by now. Funny enough, I still want more and more trackers. :D
Collecting trackers and sequencers since 2006!

BeRo

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 05:42:29 »

Hehe ok  :lol:

My MIDI importer algorithm is simply a complete MIDI player (with handling of all controllers incl. Hold Pedal, Portamento Pedal, Sostenuto Pedal, Soft Pedal, Legato Pedal, Hold2 Pedal, Portamento Time, etc.), but only instead of output to a MIDI out device, the events will mapped and converted into pattern rows, where the midi time unit will convert as exactly as possible into the pattern row unit with use of the correct "original" BPM tempo from the MIDI (where BPM = 60000000/MidiTempo). Even dynamic tempo changes are handled.

With the MIDI import of BeRoTracker can adjust the user the RPB (Rows Per Beat) and further import options freely, where 8 RPB is the most optimal value (1RPB=Speed 24, 2RPB=Speed 12, 4RPB=Speed 6, 8RPB=Speed 3, and so on).

Even the MIDI import of Renoise shows still some weaknesses opposite BeRoTracker, because at me Renoise 1.5.2 seems to always import MIDIs with 125 BPM. And MadTracker 2.6.1 always with 120 BPM. And Modplug's BPM/Speed Detection is a big disaster, there is often the BPM and the midi time unit to pattern row division conversation incorrect and often a big disaster. But with BeRoTracker this is however ensured. Try simply yourself, if you doesn't believe me.

Short: If you need an good, very near perfect (not completely perfectly), midi importer, then use BeRoTracker or the MID2XM from Un4Seen, which is an old Win3.11 16-bit program and which needs external instrument patches (BRT uses simply the instruments+samples of the gm.dls soundbank from DirectX, and yes, BRT can automatically import even track own sound banks from RIFF MIDI files (*.RMI), which can contain soundbanks).

And BRT Classic has now a MIDI importer dialog since two days, so please download the lastest BRT Classic version (no, I've posted no BRT site news for this), if you do not want use BRT Impulse to convert MIDIs to XM/IT/BRT.

Here a good example

http://www.berotracker.de/midiimport/simspons/

BRT 4rpb.it - Imported MIDI in BRT with 4 rows per beat with use of samples and correct imported timing
BRT 8rpb.it - Imported MIDI in BRT with 8 rows per beat with use of samples and correct imported timing
BRT MIDIReexport.mid - Midi Out 8RPB.brt exported to MIDI
Midi Out 4RPB.brt - Imported MIDI in BRT with 4 rows per beat with use of MIDI out and correct imported timing
Midi Out 8RPB.brt - Imported MIDI in BRT with 8 rows per beat with use of MIDI out and correct imported timing
Modplug.it - Imported MIDI in MPT with use of samples and incorrect imported timing  
Original.mid - The original MIDI file

Eagle

• Rising Star
  • Technique Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eagle's pulsonal website.
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 11:57:26 »

Quote from: "BeRo"
Even the MIDI import of Renoise shows still some weaknesses opposite BeRoTracker, because at me Renoise 1.5.2 seems to always import MIDIs with 125 BPM. And MadTracker 2.6.1 always with 120 BPM. And Modplug's BPM/Speed Detection is a big disaster, there is often the BPM and the midi time unit to pattern row division conversation incorrect and often a big disaster.

Agree, ModPlug always uses BPM 125 and Speed 3, for what I know. Then, if there is a tempo change, ModPlug will put the note in the nearest pattern row, which obviously generates awful off-beat problems. :|

The MIDI exporter in ModPlug also seems to have no tempo change control. So, in order to avoid timing errors, all modules that are going to be converted to MIDI has to be in speed 3, 6, 12 or 24 and have a tempo of 125BPM.

For Renoise and MadTracker, I have no experience, but I will assume you are right.
Collecting trackers and sequencers since 2006!

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 21:28:22 »

erm...i imported many midis into modplug and it even changes the bpm! but it's never accurate enoiugh...
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

BeRo

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2006, 11:02:20 »

This is the point: The midi import from BeRoTracker is very accurate
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up