Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Touhou 12 - At the End of Spring chiptune cover - constructive criticism?  (Read 3351 times)

jpegzilla

• New User
    • View Profile

I'm Eli! I'm very new to music production in general, and I decided to try and remix a few songs from Touhou, a shooter game with a nice soundtrack.

Here's the stage 1 theme from Touhou 12.  Any criticism would be greatly appreciated! 

youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT64R9fhmaQ
.xm file: https://my.mixtape.moe/kjoene.xm

fuzion_mixer

I have nothing to say...well...at least a little bit.

I'm impressed that you could sit through all that in one sitting...I can't, hahah. I guess it's advantageous to work on a 10-channel module whilst knowing that "whatever you're doing and going to do is right"...and it turned out the way you want it to, otherwise even better. I don't have that kind of skill (or talent) while tracking, sadly enough.

I feel that the sound should be more dynamic instead of being just "2-Dimensional". This is more so the case for the percussion. I advise you to use the volume envelope or the volume command often to simulate more flexibility between (or during) the soft and loud parts of the song.

I'm not sure whether you're finished with the song, though. If you aren't, continue. I'm sure the final product will be loved and respected by many people.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 06:05:43 by fuzion_mixer »

jpegzilla

• New User
    • View Profile

I feel that the sound should be more dynamic instead of being just "2-Dimensional". This is more so the case for the percussion. I advise you to use the volume envelope or the volume command often to simulate more flexibility between (or during) the soft and loud parts of the song.

Ok! Believe it or not, I just recently learned how to use the volume envelopes the right way, so I'll use them correctly in the future.  I do agree that my song wasn't really dynamic. Thank you for the advice!
Pages: [1]   Go Up