Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nostalgia  (Read 4004 times)

ModTomIT

• New User
    • View Profile
Nostalgia
« on: June 28, 2017, 17:24:58 »

*posting again, this time on correct sub-forum*

Did anyone find that after the nineties were over and this "terror" crap started that all the toys, video games, TV shows, anime, old computers, music and such that you consumed in childhood became this half forgotten type thing that slowly rotted in your mind and combined with all the fear-of-death that people were chowing down on to become this kind of sinister, corrupt, evil thing that was full of promise at one point until everyone let fear take over and it became part of this thing that held the key to the future before but everyone corrupted
into something perverse because they were scared?

*waiting for first 'No.' reply*

ModTomIT

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 18:16:50 »

*posting again, this time on correct sub-forum*

Did anyone find that after the nineties were over and this "terror" crap started that all the toys, video games, TV shows, anime, old computers, music and such that you consumed in childhood became this half forgotten type thing that slowly rotted in your mind and combined with all the fear-of-death that people were chowing down on to become this kind of sinister, corrupt, evil thing that was full of promise at one point until everyone let fear take over and it became part of this thing that held the key to the future before but everyone corrupted
into something perverse because they were scared?

*waiting for first 'No.' reply*

I think all this "retro" stuff like chiptune, vaporwave, vinyl records, cassette tapes, even freaking typewriters are popular because people see us going in a bad direction, and this stuff is symbolic of a time we weren't headed in this direction as much. It's like people are going, "Wait a minute, lets hit Rewind, THEN we can look at the future" because the idea of the future was different back then, and maybe better than some of the ideas we have now and where we're currently headed? Sure, technology has progressed but the culture to go with it has become something undesirable, so people look to how the future was seen in the 90's, when the cold war ended, and things like that to come up with better ideas.

I think. There is the fact that in the 80s it seemed like we were headed for nuclear war, so maybe the view of the past isn't accurate. Still, I think it's like a "searching for better ideas".

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 18:47:16 »

I think all this "retro" stuff like chiptune, vaporwave, vinyl records, cassette tapes, even freaking typewriters are popular because people see us going in a bad direction, and this stuff is symbolic of a time we weren't headed in this direction as much.
No, fashion just keeps repeating itself no matter what.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

fuzion_mixer

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 05:18:18 »

Did anyone find that after the nineties were over and this "terror" crap started that all the toys, video games, TV shows, anime, old computers, music and such that you consumed in childhood became this half forgotten type thing that slowly rotted in your mind and combined with all the fear-of-death that people were chowing down on to become this kind of sinister, corrupt, evil thing that was full of promise at one point until everyone let fear take over and it became part of this thing that held the key to the future before but everyone corrupted into something perverse because they were scared?

yes i have...people back then were more experimental and carefree, but nowadays (or rather, after the turn of the 20th century) people are becoming more pragmatic and careful. nowadays u see more countries getting involved (and competitive) in this world of survival of the fittest...meaning that one small mistake can set u back miles away and even turn heads in the process. honestly im not surprised, and im fully aware of society's juxtaposed view before and after year 2000...thats just how society works now. all i can say is just go with the flow
Pages: [1]   Go Up