Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change notes' instrument number inside selection with dialog  (Read 4006 times)

wabe

• New User
    • View Profile
Change notes' instrument number inside selection with dialog
« on: December 08, 2017, 21:05:01 »

Hey,

In case the topic was not clear enough, I would like to see a quick option to change instrument numbers inside the pattern editor. Basically you would highlight the notes you want to change and then you would use a simple dialog to change the notes' instrument numbers to new instrument numbers.

After using Renoise for some time, which has this option/tool built in, this is the only thing that makes me pull my hair out of my head when using MilkyTracker. I usually like to test different samples for different melodies, and typing new instrument number for every note for this melody is just too much...

Somebody please tell me this has been already implemented somewhere inside MilkyTracker and I have just missed it completely...

[EDIT]

So, it turns out this feature has been already implemented under Advanced Edit -> Remap Instrument. Somehow I have managed to miss this feature completely for all these years... Great!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 02:45:17 by wabe »

data

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Change notes' instrument number inside selection with dialog
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 23:34:40 »

indeed it's a function i missed from renoise glad to know it :angel:

data

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Change notes' instrument number inside selection with dialog
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 23:50:59 »