Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I was surprised module tracker music is still alive today.  (Read 4543 times)

AriaOnThePlanetes

• New User
    • View Profile

I started to interest in Amiga module or tracker music about 20 years ago. At that time, it's the best way to compose with sampled instruments. I listened lots of awesome tracks by PM, Skaven, Necros and so on, and some Korean module music(they are almost gone because that BBS of Amiga module in Korea was closed after 21c. I have only a few of them and uploaded here).

Since Amiga computer is few sold in Korea, they used trackers for MS-DOS.(ST3, FT2, and IT)

But, after the '00s and VSTs became popular, many home musicians were transfered to DAWs with VST, to make better tunes. So tracker music is dead in Korea. Just the memories of middle 90s~early 00s.

And I came here, not only the best old tunes are available, but there are musicians still compose module music in here, and so great tunes. I was surprised because I knew they are not dead in now.

Is there anything better for use trackers than free DAW(like LMMS, Podium) with VSTs? Or just the memories of past days? (Of course paid DAWs are the best if they have enough money)

Anyway, thanks for all that still composing the awesome tracker tunes!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 05:34:56 by AriaOnThePlanetes »

Nikku4211

• Rising Star
  • Also known as Nikku4212
    • View Profile
Re: I was surprised module tracker music is still alive today.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 23:18:08 »

This website isn't really that active, but you're welcome.

If you have Windows, I suggest OpenMPT. It's interface is easier to use for me than any other tracker. It supports MODs, XMs, S3Ms, ITs, and has its own format, too.

Ceekayed

• TMA Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
    • Ceekayed on Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 09:56:25 »

These days if you want to still stick to the tracker interface BUT also work with ALL the capabilities of expensive modern DAWs, Renoise is worth of taking a look at.

I work full-time in game development, doing both composing and audio design and I really rarely do anything outside of Renoise, it's just that good. As an added perk no one ever believes me when I tell them that I still use trackers.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:58:09 by Ceekayed »

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 13:23:30 »

Apart from OpenMPT and Renoise, there are also a few other trackers and tracker-alikes with VST support that are still maintained, such as Psycle.

By the way, thanks for helping with preserving the legacy of the Korean tracker scene on ModArchive, it's really appreciated!
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

fuzion.mixer01

• New User
  • Previous account: fuzion_mixer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 03:46:29 »

Sunvox, Buzz, Buzztrax
Placeholder of fuzion_mixer...because I re-routed my activation e-mail to the wrong one by accident. God, I am so dumb
Pages: [1]   Go Up