Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Logo Permissions  (Read 4881 times)

BitPusher

• New User
    • View Profile
Logo Permissions
« on: April 18, 2018, 14:01:45 »

Hello everyone.
I am formally releasing a new album in about another month or so (formally as in will be professionally pressed/manufactured) and distributed by Amazon. The entire album is being performed using MilkyTracker, and on the back cover of the CD case I want to put something like a small rectangular button that says “Powered By MilkyTracker” with the word MilkyTracker being the actual logo from the site and the little milk carton logo sitting next to it. Naturally, I’ll be mentioning Milky and the website somewhere inside the booklet too. Nonetheless, who exactly can I email about this?

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: Logo Permissions
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 14:18:17 »

Since the entire MilkyTracker package is released under the GPL, I doubt you would have to ask for permission specifically. If you still want to be sure, Kenet is credited in the manual for graphics, so you can try reaching him e.g. through his Twitter or Facebook accounts.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

BitPusher

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 16:14:52 »

Thank you for pointing me in the direction.
While I know the project is GPL, I nonetheless prefer to contact someone both out of courtesy and respect. Since I want to make use of this man’s graphics :)

Thanks very much good sir.

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 13:45:44 »

The horrible carton's actually mine. I hope you didn't end up blaming Kenet for it. :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up