Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New 2 trackers. MilkyTracker keyboard commands don't work despite documentation.  (Read 4767 times)

anarchosax

• New User
    • View Profile

Hi,

I am completely new to trackers and am trying to get MilkyTracker's edit mode to behave. I have both looked at online YouTube tutorials and the .pdf files at https://milkytracker.titandemo.org/documentation/. I have also tried changing the edit mode between MilkyTracker and Fasttracker II...

As an example, Shift + Cursor keys does not select a block, I only seem to be able to do that by Shift + Left mouse button held down and draw. There doesn't appear to be any command to copy/paste a block in MilkyTracker mode at all. In Fasttracker II mode, the Alt+F3
Cut block doesn't appear to do anything. The Alt+F4 Copy block, asks if I want to save current changes, and Alt+F5 Paste block appears not to do anything.

I am using MilkyTracker v.0.90.8b, with a Danish QWERTY keyboard and on Slackware64 14.2.

izmozero

• New User
    • View Profile

hi i have not checked (i'm lazy and not on PC right now), and i don't think i ever use shift+cursor, but my guess is that you haven't entered edit mode, which you do by using the spacebar and you exit edit mode by hitting spacebar again
it really doesn't make any sense, i guess
when you are outside of edit mode it lets you play around with the instruments as if you're playing a live instrument

i guess this thread was mistakenly moved because of the topic title, which can sound like you had created 2 new tracker programs

anarchosax

• New User
    • View Profile

Thanks for the reply. I will investigate immediately.
Pages: [1]   Go Up