Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am crying...  (Read 4505 times)

Shaihulud

• New User
    • View Profile
I am crying...
« on: July 11, 2018, 23:51:28 »

When checking the content of really old CDs, I found some that I named "VIP" back then: Very Important Programs  ;D

On one of them (I made a dozen) I found a Mod-Player named X-Player with five *.dmf Files from 1994. I remembered that I used to listen to Modules for hours then I was 14+ (born 1979). Thanx to DosBox and Audacity, I was able to convert these DMF-Tracks to MP3.

One song I remember a lot is Street Jungle and that is how I came here, by googleling Street Jungle Module.

It is currently playing using WinAmp.

And I am crying happy tears now! Great times! Thank you for this Mod Archive. I guess I will search this Archive for all the long lost Modules that made my childhood simply perfect!

I attached a Modules.m3u.zip - just remove the zip, it is a Winamp Playlist. I will try to find as many of those as possible!

PS: I cant remember which Mod-Player I used back then. Thanx to DosBox, it would work again. Any suggestions?

Cheers!

eltopo

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: I am crying...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 09:21:20 »

Cool :)

Would that be street_jungle_-fish.mod or street_jungle_ii.mod?

Pschirki

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 14:25:20 »

I cant open your provided archive. Is there possibly a file named looser.dmf in it?

Axxy

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 16:10:01 »

I cant open your provided archive. Is there possibly a file named looser.dmf in it?

Just delete the .zip extension and you'll be fine, it's just his play list..  Probably the looser.dmf is by Vivid if your looking for it..

As for the playlist, even I recognise some of those "ye olde" filenames, you shouldn't have much trouble finding them!  ;D

Alcorythm, Dr Awesome, Nightshade, Purple Motion, Skaven, Spacebrain, Sigge, Ganja, RBH, KillerKid, Anchor, just to name a few...

Pages: [1]   Go Up