Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unreal Tournament Beta UMXs  (Read 4522 times)

Slender

• New User
    • View Profile
Unreal Tournament Beta UMXs
« on: April 03, 2019, 09:40:08 »

Admittedly this is less of a help me find that and more of a help me find a particular version of that. Does anyone know where I could find the UMX versions of the beta tunes from Unreal Tournament? Menu2 and XYZDMenu2, as well as the original Firebr. I've tried looking for them several times but so far I have not managed to find them.

Axxy

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal Tournament Beta UMXs
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 11:58:43 »

As far as I was aware, all the original musics were in the music folder within the games themselves. No idea how after all these years if you could still download the games unless you had the original CDs.

Axxy

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 12:15:15 »

A nice resource for the musics can be found at https://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Unreal_music

It lists firebr as FireBreath by Teque & Nitro and I don't have that one which is strange, so I'll try and track that down.  I wonder if I still have the CDs in the attic for the Unreal games? It's in one of the archives from Mirsoft..

Game rips can be found at http://www.mirsoft.info/ but I doubt they'll have the original umx files. They do have a couple of the beta tunes in one of the archives.

https://tcrf.net/Unreal_Tournament for some info on the different music used and their minor variations.

The Unreal Tournament archive has 54 mods in a folder called beta.

Can't find any original files (.umx) or downloads to them, probably too long ago now.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 14:53:19 by Axxy »

Axxy

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 18:26:06 »

While checking out the archives from Mirsoft, I came across the 15 Unreal #9 (kran32) impulse tracker module. This didn't match mine. If you check the file out, you'll extract 2 mods of the same module, slightly different filesizes in the one file...

Slender

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 19:25:47 »

I do have the UMXs from the final Unreal and Unreal Tournament, including the 1998 beta build of Unreal. The Unreal Tournament beta UMXs seem to be rather difficult to track down, though.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 19:28:30 by Slender »

Axxy

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 11:21:31 »

When I was searching on this, I came across someone mentioning an alpha and a pre-alpha version of UT. Someone did link the music from the beta but after all these years they were dead. Did they ever release demos/beta's on any PC magazines back in the day?

It was strange that this topic came up now, because I was trying to work out how accurate all my credits to the various musics were. I was trying to figure out a definitive credit list to all the music (tracker based), from the games, mods and map packs. I found I was missing some, some inaccurate credits and some I plain didn't even know about, ie beta's..

It still reminds me, just how good the music for the Unreal games were back then (and still are)...

Slender

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 11:51:25 »

Not as far as I know, I think most of the beta content from Unreal was from leaked builds.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:53:36 by Slender »

Axxy

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 17:23:24 »

Menu2 and XYZDMenu2, as well as the original Firebr

Now, I can't say I have heard of the first two.  The Teque one (firebr) is in fact Kharismatron.xm by Teque & Nitro. (https://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=151787).

Slender

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 21:05:48 »

Menu2 and XYZDMenu2 are beta tunes by Alexander Brandon, one is a bit smaller than the other. Menu2 is on the archive but not the XYZD version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up