Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: the time signature tracking compo  (Read 26372 times)

cdnalsi

• New User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/sebastianspanache
the time signature tracking compo
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2006, 04:48:42 »

the compo is off because of the few entries :(

thanks

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2006, 10:45:37 »

Perhaps extend the deadline. Seems compos are victim of their own success. Too many are simultaneously  ongoing to be able to hold everyone's interest. Too many one hour compos in #mod_shrine, too many compos on CTGmusic. Its just too much - too soon. Perhaps put the deadline into January next year, it will at least give you more time to promote the compo. Cancelling it just like that isn't fair on those who have bothered to enter.

Folks will be less likely to pay attention to your calls for a compo in the future if this is the way you deal with situations like this.
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

woolters

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2006, 18:25:50 »

when the number of entries are low then I'd say it's easier to choose.
 :D  when the compo is cancelled, then I would like to get some feedback at least, because I normally wouldn't force myself like I have done to get a song finished.
 Especially because I am quite proud of the result. It was completely new to make something attractive in an odd time signature, and putting that in the shape of an irish reel was also quite some venture.

I believe there were at least 2 entries.

cdnalsi

• New User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/sebastianspanache
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 00:16:42 »

Yes, well, there are 5 entries and I just don't feel it's right to have a voting and reviewing session for only 5 entries. However, I will give extended feedback on each of the tracks on the website in a couple of days.
The fact is that I can't extend the deadline. In the next month and a half my schedule will be quite full, and I won't have time to deal properly with this, and I apologize.

But I don't want you who entered to feel disappointed about this, so I'll work on some reviews.

Cheers!

Eagle

• Rising Star
  • Technique Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eagle's pulsonal website.
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2006, 10:09:26 »

Oh, I did not get in time, did I? Crap...

I started working on a tune with 11/4 time signature. It sounds quite african, really. Accourding to an aquaintance of mine, it's quite a common time signature in some parts of Africa. Hope I'll get it done in a soon future, but then again, my agenda is already overfilled so it will probably end up in the bottom of my "to do"-list.
Collecting trackers and sequencers since 2006!

Rikimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 04:19:01 »

Remember that 16 sample competition a while back?  I won that one... because I was the only one who entered, haha.  So yeah, compos are slow these days, it seems.  Extend the deadline and prod some more people is what I'd say.  I'd enter this one myself, but I know that tracking in an odd time signature would either be an outright disaster for me or it would fall back somehow into a more conventional time signature.  I just don't have the sense of rhythm you need for this kind of thing.  Sorry...
quot;I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up