Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP! OS X and the Insert key on a PC keyboard  (Read 3685 times)

psprint

• New User
    • View Profile
HELP! OS X and the Insert key on a PC keyboard
« on: April 21, 2019, 00:00:19 »

I need to insert blank notes into the current track, to move notes around, together with the Backspace key (which moves the notes 1 line up). However, on OS X, the Insert key seems to be unused. Various posts say that on OS X, they key F13 is being mapped to `Insert note' instead of the Insert key.

However, I'm using a PC keyboard with my Mac, and I don't have the F13 key... Please help, how to insert notes into a track on OS X?

izmozero

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: HELP! OS X and the Insert key on a PC keyboard
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 20:12:01 »

edit: i pasted the rest of the message not realizing you are using a PC keyboard,
i dunno if control + backspace will still work on a pc keyboard, but that's how you do it on the mac keyboard

start potentially unuseful info that i pasted before i knew what you meant:
i made a thread about this to help everyone and also so i could remember what to do
here is a re-post of what i wrote

i was going to post about this, but thru searching the forum and googling i found my own answers

on my macbook the backspace key is labelled delete, but it's placed where backspace is and functions as a backspace key, so i wondered what actual delete was if it was even possible, and i found on the forum that
Fn + Backspace is Delete

after finding this i wondered about insert, and i found out that
Control + Backspace is Insert

since i was making this informative thread, i thought i should throw in that
1 or ` does the note kill/note key-off symbol

even if no one else needs this info, i feel like i might forget and look it up on here

without the delete key i was just highlighting things and cutting them
and without the insert key i was cutting and pasting things

anyway here's a quote from where i found the delete info on this forum
Deleting: I'm using a macbook...and there is NOT a backspace AND delete key. (only delete)

I need to be able to get rid of entries w/out moving everything else!
Interesting. My Macbook has only got a backspace key, delete can be achieved by pressing  fn+backspace. When searching for "macbook keyboard" on google, I can see that this "backspace" key I got is sometimes called "delete" key which seems to be a language dependent naming issue. Anyways, press fn and that delete key, it might solve your problem.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 20:18:13 by izmozero »
Pages: [1]   Go Up