Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for modules that used these effects  (Read 2727 times)

Slender

• New User
    • View Profile
Looking for modules that used these effects
« on: October 19, 2019, 00:54:16 »

Hi, I'm looking for modules that used the DigiBooster Echo DSP, as well as the E0x set LED filter command. I've been interested in how these sounded since OpenMPT added support for them, but can't seem to find modules that make use of them in my collection so far.

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: Looking for modules that used these effects
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 13:19:55 »

JazzCat used the Echo DSP in a couple of songs, e.g. Diary of a Common Man. Note that some DBM effects (in particular portamento) are not 100% compatible with Impulse Tracker so playing the module through OpenMPT will break some of the guitar melodies. However, they will sound as intended when playing the song through libopenmpt, because then no internal conversion to IT format has to be done.

The LED filter command in MOD has mostly been used with parameter E01, i.e. ensuring that the filter is turned off, because it's terrible. The filter is off by default in OpenMPT so you wouldn't hear a difference. I don't know of any module that would willingly enable the filter. There is no good reason to do that unless you like muffled sample playback.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

Slender

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for modules that used these effects
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 03:04:18 »

Thanks Saga. :).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 11:16:14 by Slender »
Pages: [1]   Go Up