Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My New Musical Composition after almost 5 months since the previous one.  (Read 3523 times)

Atekuro

• New User
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel

The Musical Album "Never Be The Same" has been released in February 2nd, 2020, and it's free to download my 4 musical compositions from last February to this February, almost a 1 year anniversary.

I even uploaded my latest track "I Can Seek", which I dedicate to Elwood

here are the links.
https://atekuromusic.bandcamp.com/album/never-be-the-same
https://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=187745

Eddy67716

• New User
    • View Profile

From what I have learned from listening to "I can Seek," is that you seem to have potential.

You're great with harmony/chords and counter melodies, but I recommend you try to be more melodic, or try to make louder and more distinct melody lines, That is what made mod compositions, done by legends such as Jogeir Liljedahl and Jeroen Tel, distinct and full of character.

(Personal preference: I personally don't like it if the open hi hat is more emphasised than the bass or snare drums, It sounds too much like soul-less night club music.
Try to keep the Bass, Op. Hi-hat, Snare or Clap, Op. Hi-hat rhythm to have more emphasis on the Bass and Snare. It keeps the tempo moving better than if the Open Hi-hat has the emphasis.
Also the drums should not overpower the harmonies like chords, bass and countermelodies, let alone the melody, It may be Okay for rock and heavy metal, but I advise not to do it for most mod music. )
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 21:36:43 by Eddy67716 »

Atekuro

• New User
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel

you know what? sure, I'll try to do that in some other module, because I'm still working on 2 other modules.
Pages: [1]   Go Up