Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About The FANTASTIC SVArTracker 1.22 >>>>>  (Read 2943 times)

TalkOrBell

• Space Between Notes as Important as Notes Are...
    • View Profile
    • My Channel on Alonetone-
About The FANTASTIC SVArTracker 1.22 >>>>>
« on: November 21, 2020, 22:08:23 »

OK Here we go...Just started using this a week ago (The Free 1.22 Version) This thing quite rocks but takes a bit of learning as it is different...

Sounds as good as Renoise but has machine view connection which I prefer...You can import a variety of MODs and choose whether for plugin style (samples) or MIDI for MIDI only export later on...

You have an arrangement window (playlist) which I also prefer over Renoises method and the automation is drawn out right below the arrange window...

A selection in your pattern can be saved to the internal sampler so a VST could therefore be unloaded and the sampler is quite good & can use SF2s...It sounds superb like Renoise as well...

To load a VST you choose the DLL rather than scan...I prefer this as well & so far no failure...There are a truckload of routing that can be done...

The Effects Column on pattern view can be configured however you want & there is a further events editor as well plus somethings I still don't understand the purpose...

It has been in development till 2019 when it reached version 1.30 for 32 and 64bit and had many improvements on the pattern sector...

Website is no more so sad really...This is hot coding at its best and this is very easy on audio drivers & ASIO...Currently just running it on DirectSound no issues whatsoever (Unlike Renoise) also the sampler can be configged to run samples EITHER in RAM or Direct-To-Disc fashion (Unlike Renoise)...

There is alot more to tell & this is just version 1.22 we are talking about...

There are a few places to get version 1.22 (the only free version let out & the only one left) but here is the wayback directly-

https://web.archive.org/web/20160818081932/http://www.svarsoft.com/download/svartracker_1_22_free_inst.exe

Best demo tunes here-

https://web.archive.org/web/20120904192854/http://svarsoft.com/free_mp3_demo_music.html

There are a few videos on this channel but for NEWER version not 1.22-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChGjgUiZ5xvkySdVpMgl_og/videos

Free version comes with just a few tunes but you can load in MOD XM S3M IT and others and you should load some in to see how it's wiring up...

The output view (O)you should NOT mess with except to change MIDI Controller or choose different sound driver as this will not reset upon exit...You will have to reinstall over again to get stock output connection back...

I wish this were still available today as I would buy the new version TODAY!!!

Docs are very minimal Dev was Russian so English translate not the best but genius coder for sure...

I feel this virtually undiscovered GEM was a labor of love for the developer...It just never took off...

This working great for me in XP SP3 even on marginal audio systems & sounds great...Exports to WAV or MIDI (If your setup in MIDI mode)...

sampler (AntiWave) is very good & you have option for opening sample in external editor...

A few things though...Some VSTi running may have preset reset to default on next loop...Don't know why maybe a bug but workaround I found was to add another instance, reset preset on first instance & just leave second alone or hookup anyway...

You cannot audition sampler or vst till pattern view is in focus...

For automation choose correct adapter, then choose desired effect channel on left column & DRAG down to area below arrange view...Then you need to draw a rectangle which can be lengthened or other then double-click to edit & draw points-curves...

If you click off adapter then click back 'on' but don't see your automation it is probably hidden in which there is a small bar you double-click or right-click...

TalkOrBell

• View Profile
Re: About The FANTASTIC SVArTracker 1.22 >>>>>
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 19:26:43 »

OK, was messing with this last night trying to figger out pattern effect commands...

This is a UNIQUE system...

You have regular VST-Sampler automation under the arranger view BUTT! You also got effect column automation that you set-up in the effects processor using curves & commands then store it into a 'cell' which has a 3 digit-letter code...

Using this code in the effects column in your pattern invokes whatever garbage you have setup...Practice is needed of course...

The nice thing about this method is that you have total control over what to modify and using curves makes it all the more organic...This is THEN packed away into a 'cell' to get out of the way & be recalled by a few digits-letters on ANY track-note so they are re-useable as well...

The matrix of stored cells is very large and there is also a cell matrix for your regular arranger based automation as well...

TalkOrBell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 19:44:40 »

Shoot...Forgot about the function variator!!....

There is a function variator that allows you to perform script commands on pattern selections or the whole pattern as well...

There are also a certain number of UNDOs to this too...

You will probably love this if you are an egg-head scriptor type to no end as you can 'roll your own' and save these presets and also assign hot-keys to such strange events...

NOTE!!!...When you are on this function variator window there is what looks like a giant uppercase 'I' next to where it says 'Preset'...You must press this 'I' to activate the variator so it can be used (AT ALL!!)...

A few other things....

The internal sampler loads SF2's fine but some converted from other formats sometimes don't 'come in' right...Simply discard & use another SF2 from a different pile....

Right-clik-and hold on areas in the sampler or the playlist-arranger to pan the window to where you wanna be like the arranger that disappears or keyboards that disappear, wave readouts....

TalkOrBell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 20:49:31 »

Here's another good one on SVArTracker...

In pattern settings you can assign a 'BIG ROW' highlight and a 'SMALL ROW' highlight...However they aren't too differentiated with the stock visuals...

Go to File>Settings and you can change the highlight color of either to whatever you want...I use 2 different bright light colors as I usually pick a 12-24-48-96 row pattern in order to incorporate triplets (or fragments thereof) for musical variation, interest & to make the syncopations less boring & drab...

This allows the triplet rows to be highlighted different from the standard 4/4 stuff with both converging on every measure which will just show the 'BIG ROW' highlight so very easy to see every measure within each pattern assembly...

Also big bonus whilst on this subject is font size which you can make smaller or BIGGER and the pattern rez just adjusts itself to your new size....

So when you are 90 years old you'll still be able to see the patterns!!

TalkOrBell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 03:08:40 »

Also another GOODIE with SVArTracker is the ability to take a selection of your pattern then right-click 'Render selection to Sampler'...

In this way you can render say a VST Instrument riff to an audio sample in the sampler & perhaps eliminate the VSTi channel...

While on that subject SVArTracker has 'FREEZE' modules so you can freeze-unfreeze VSTi on one or many tracks...

If I haven't mentioned before SVArTracker can be setup in the sampler to stream samples from disc OR held in RAM...Very cool....
Pages: [1]   Go Up