Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Well, just saying "Hello"  (Read 4047 times)

Tricky

• New User
  • The fact that I'm crazy confirms I'm normal.
    • View Profile
    • De Kronieken van Phantasar (Dutch site)
Well, just saying "Hello"
« on: February 26, 2021, 12:14:47 »

Hi folks;
I've been on the Mod Archive for quite awhile, but I realized I never really introduced myself on these boards. My name is Jeroen, and I'm known a Tricky on many websites. Members from the good old "Trax in Space" community must still know me, as I was an active member there on both the old and the new site (both gone down the drain, I guess), although I was known under the name "Tricrokra" on the old website.

My musician skills leave a lot to be desired, I must admit that, so you may not find many uploads from here here (if I ever upload something at all), but my love for AMIGA modules brought me here many years ago (and also brought me to Trax in Space). Yet I do know a thing or two about music... Pity that it never showed in my compositions.

I am in the first place a coder. I've used many programming languages in the past 35 years, including, but not limited to C++, C#, Pascal, Lua, BlitzMax, and some more. I use my skills to code games and some utilities I think they are handy (at least for me). I am also a fantasy novel writer, although my novels are written in the Dutch language (because that's my first language), and I found out the hard way, that no matter how good your English is, that if it's not your native language you should not translate to it... Translators really work best if the target language is their first language. At least for novels that true....

I'm also a blogger and you can find my blogs on tumblr. Since I've already seen moderators act on removing links to Discord, I will not post any urls in this message unless a moderator tells me it's okay. (You can find them on my TMA profile, anyway). I've one page on which I blog about whatever comes to my mind, a page where I review old classic games (mostly for DOS, but any platform can do as long as I can emulate it for screenshots) and a page were I review games created by either amateurs or small independent game studios.

Well, and that's all there's to know about the insignificant person that is me. Or at least I think so. I'm a guy (do NOT let my avatar fool you) with little secrets so if anything comes to mind, just ask.

P.S. For any Trax in Space members wondering... Yeah, I'm still on "CRAQ"... Did you have the illusion I'd be off it? (This is an old TiS insider's joke, don't take it too literally, and don't ask about it if you never was on TiS (at least not on its forums). I don't think you'd understand).
Living in reality is good, but never forget to fantasize.

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: Well, just saying "Hello"
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 18:39:56 »

Welcome! ;D
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

Tricky

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 18:16:06 »

Thank you, thank you, thank you  ;D

Ceekayed

• TMA Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
    • Ceekayed on Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 18:17:33 »

Hey Tricky!

Lurking these boards occasionally is my last remaining online presence in the tracker community. There's very very little going on, which is perfect for me.

Tricky

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 23:47:49 »

Yo! Long time, no see... How're you doing'?

Ceekayed

• TMA Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
    • Ceekayed on Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 16:53:18 »

Yo! Long time, no see... How're you doing'?

I'm good. Working as a lead audio designer in a large game company these days which leaves me with no extra time or motivation to work on my own projects. But I don't much mind, game development is interesting and challenging enough.

Tricky

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 19:30:42 »

Hey, I make games for fun, so I know how interesting and challenging game development can be. And lead audio designer sounds like an important job. Good to hear you're doing well ;)

the Deviant

• View Profile
    • http://thedeviant.nav.to
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 10:46:42 »

There's a name I recognise.. man, TiS was so long ago, and I wasn't active on there all that long, but I have a feeling our paths may have crossed

JWPH

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2021, 07:23:16 »

Hello there too! What kind of things are you currently chilling out on atm?
Pages: [1]   Go Up