Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's been 25 years  (Read 4507 times)

Arcturus

• New User
  • I used to be cool
    • View Profile
It's been 25 years
« on: August 23, 2021, 22:40:28 »

Hi everyone - Arcturus here, mod musician from the mid to late 1990's. It's a little hard to believe that it's been 25 years since I first opened up Scream Tracker and started to make music. I don't remember exactly what day I started (it was sometime in the spring of 1996) but it was probably my main hobby from 1996 to 1999. 1999 was also the first year I uploaded one of my own songs to the Mod Archive - over time, I found that other songs of mine - particularly my bad, early songs - had been uploaded by others. I uploaded a few of my better ones in response. Finally, earlier this year, I figured I might as well upload everything else, regardless of the quality. So now, my complete mod "discography" is all here.

Since anniversaries that are divisible by five are more important, I also decided to take up a project this year to go through all my old songs, convert them to a different format, and write about them in the process. The new format (Renoise) can't be uploaded here, and I'm not sure why I would upload them even if I could since they're basically the same as the originals. My write-ups, however, can be posted here, and so I added those as comments to all my uploaded songs.

This also includes one song that I completed in 2002 but never released until now (Year of the Spectre).

It's been quite the trip down memory lane to revisit all my old works. Every song had a story behind it, although not always a very good story. My profile contains the complete list, ordered approximately by how I would personally rate them: https://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_profile&query=69117

(After the top ten I don't rate them all precisely, I just group them up)

I realize that I was never a big name in the Demoscene, at best I was a footnote. My best claim to fame is having a song be the top download on the Hornet Archive for one day in December 1997. But I was glad to have been a part of it, however insignificant that part was.

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: It's been 25 years
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 22:27:39 »

Happy anniversary! Time goes by fast, doesn't it ;D
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

LordJonRay

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: It's been 25 years
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2023, 00:46:47 »

Greetings! I can't say for sure if I remember you or not, I was surprised at how many of my own Demoscene teammate's names I had forgotten when I saw an INFO page on my old group Information Overide (I/O). Myself and some of the others were based out of Japan at the time.

I'm still making music off and on, and rediscovered a lot of my old stuff on here as well. Kind of doing the same thing you are. I started with MOD Tracker (4 tracks) and eventually moved on to SC3 and finally ended up with Impulse Tracker. I'll have to check out a few of your tunes and see if I remember any of them.

Cheers!
LJR
Pages: [1]   Go Up