Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OpenMPT  (Read 2582 times)

natewrench

• New User
    • View Profile
OpenMPT
« on: December 13, 2021, 20:38:20 »

Hi I use openMPT to open tracker files in windows but it does not do MIDI files as perfectly as in VLC player so I only use it for demo tracker music (S3M,IT,UMX)

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: OpenMPT
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2021, 21:17:08 »

OpenMPT (nor any other tracker) isn't meant to listen to MIDI music. It's simply not possible to easily translate between MIDI and modules. It's absolutely right to use a tool that is actually designed for playing MIDI files to do exactly that. MIDI import in OpenMPT and other trackers mainly exists as an exchange format with other software so that you can e.g. import MIDI stems for remixing.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

natewrench

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: OpenMPT
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 00:21:52 »

OpenMPT (nor any other tracker) isn't meant to listen to MIDI music. It's simply not possible to easily translate between MIDI and modules. It's absolutely right to use a tool that is actually designed for playing MIDI files to do exactly that. MIDI import in OpenMPT and other trackers mainly exists as an exchange format with other software so that you can e.g. import MIDI stems for remixing.

Yea I tried listening to canyon.mid, and onestop.mid from windows 95 and I couldn't stop laughing at how bad it sounded. But it still is fun to see it scrolling like a piano roll.
Pages: [1]   Go Up