Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Protrekkr 2.6.2 Win32 RECENT & 2.5 Multi-Platform 'Modernized' Noisetrekker2!!  (Read 5656 times)

TalkOrBell

• Space Between Notes as Important as Notes Are...
    • View Profile
    • My Channel on Alonetone-

The more I play with this Tracker the more I like it & anyone who has used Arguru's Noisetrekker 2 should feel at home...

Virtually everything is there...The two 303's are there & have been revised to sound more like Rebirth's 303s, The Synth is still in there & sounds just great...The internal FX have all been updated & all sorted out quite nicely...

Add to this the 16 note lanes per track polyphony record onto track chords via MIDI keyboard and up to 4 FX per track...

Up to 16 key-split instrument available and also a fine loop editor as well as a clever 'time-stretch' algo that can be switched on good for bringing in drum loops to add to your percussion sector...

Standard PTK Module or Advanced PTP Module Compression Algo & Render all tracks or individual ones for further process or even sectors of any-all...

Only issue I have had so far is occasional crash changing out an instrument or a sample but I have only tried on one machine...I may not have that problem on another...At any rate there is built-in auto-save & auto-backup for those without foresight...

This is for those who wish a traditional tracking environment with NO DISTRACTIONS from VSTs (the internals are plenty), sample-based instruments & the original (but upgraded) 303s & Synth...

My main posting is over at OldschoolDAW & I have already created over 500 Instruments for Protrekkr with more to be added as time goes by...Good to see Arguru's legacy kept alive AND so close to the Noisetrekker 2 concept where the 'other' fork became the bloated overdone Renoise...

HERE-

http://www.oldschooldaw.com/forums/index.php/topic,7302.msg10336/topicseen.html#msg10336

So spread the word or simply spread, do it or don't...

Here's Protrekkr tune on MANWE's Channel-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXXsZfvvgiI

TalkOrBell

• View Profile

New Aspects of Protrekkr...

After making over 4,000 PTI Instruments I have decided to concentrate on the Dual PTK-303s in Protrekkr...If you like the sound of ReBirth's 303s You'll probably like Protrekkr's 303's...

I have made a few videos these should get you close to the postings where there are attachments-

Video 1-

http://www.oldschooldaw.com/forums/index.php/topic,7302.msg10652/topicseen.html#msg10652

Module for Video One-

http://www.oldschooldaw.com/forums/index.php/topic,7302.msg10657/topicseen.html#msg10657

Video 2 with 303 Patterns & Module attached (Finished today)-

http://www.oldschooldaw.com/forums/index.php/topic,7302.msg10667/topicseen.html#msg10667

NOTE that the Protrekkr thread there is NOW on page 2 for most recent postings...Hope you find my crap video series useful or perhaps mystifying if nothing else...

TalkOrBell

• View Profile

Working on a tune the last couple days I am doing a WIP walkthrough mostly providing Tips & Hints for Protrekkr…As there are really NONE anywhere…

I have completed the Intro & Verse but will be bringing the 303s upfront so will be sharing many more 303 patterns for the bridge into chorus…

For those ‘On the Fence’ perhaps this will provide a bit of leaning towards the Protrekkr side of the fence…

Starting roughly here-

http://www.oldschooldaw.com/forums/index.php/topic,7302.msg10673/topicseen.html#msg10673

theorize

• New User
    • View Profile

did anyone ever fix the fact that envelope 1 was hardcoded to oscillator 1 amp? that's what mostly made me quit that tracker I loved it though, it's what got me into tracking... but it drove me crazy. If you check Noisetrekker 3 it's not like that but programming it was more of a pain with the one slider. I also wasn't a huge fan of the reverb in protrekkr, but it was fine. I just had a lot of crashes back in the day, i should try it again, now I get virtally zero crashes on orangator and that one used to crash constantly so maybe windows 10 compatibility made protrekkr better too that would be awesome.

TalkOrBell

• View Profile

Sorry I wasn't here for your reply...Weird times these days...I guess for me the routing of the synth not too important as i just use for 'filling gaps'...And as far as reverb I'd have to agree but all Trackers got some drawback...In Protrekkr I use more delay & less reverb usually. The cool part is the 2 303s still in there...

Here is WIP just uploaded that I had on Oldschooldaw that uses both 303s & synth-

https://soundcloud.com/waxing-and-waning/the-world-is-czars-5th-iteration

I had that up on Oldschooldaw as well as at least 1,400 Instruments i shared on there but Oldschooldaw is GONE!...DONE!...So all my uploads there are vanished...

Once I find out where to park instruments again I will notify here & elsewhere in meantime if anyone needs instruments let me know I have made well over 4,000 now...

TalkOrBell

• View Profile

Well, Good News as the oldschooldaw site is BACK ONLINE!...

Looks like downloads on the Protrekkr page have had an uptick as well probably from procrastinators finally downloading 'before it disappears again....'

theorize

• New User
    • View Profile

Sorry I wasn't here for your reply...Weird times these days...I guess for me the routing of the synth not too important as i just use for 'filling gaps'...And as far as reverb I'd have to agree but all Trackers got some drawback...In Protrekkr I use more delay & less reverb usually. The cool part is the 2 303s still in there...

Here is WIP just uploaded that I had on Oldschooldaw that uses both 303s & synth-

https://soundcloud.com/waxing-and-waning/the-world-is-czars-5th-iteration

I had that up on Oldschooldaw as well as at least 1,400 Instruments i shared on there but Oldschooldaw is GONE!...DONE!...So all my uploads there are vanished...

Once I find out where to park instruments again I will notify here & elsewhere in meantime if anyone needs instruments let me know I have made well over 4,000 now...

You're right about every tracker having it's drawbacks. I should give it a spin for old times sake. I don't care about the synth routing that much anymore, I'd use it like a sample based synth most of the time anyway, and it's still good for quite a bit of sounds. Some padsynth samples and singe cycles should be pretty fun. The 303 would be a must. Favorite part of that tracker is the way it keeps sampled instruments seperate from the synth so that several synth patches can access the same sample if you want. I remember it having some really cool filter options too like ringmod and such which could be automated.

TalkOrBell

• View Profile

Yeah, And most everything that has a slider can be automated in realtime whilst the pattern runs...

I also like the AXS-Like smart patterns function...

Not too complex so you can 'get going' rather than being bogged down by complexity...

Then also render out each track & then master it all out & use FX at THAT stage if needed so who cares about no VST support within or bad reverb when you can apply that workflow....

BTW...You gotta be signed up at oldschooldaw to see or DL attachments if I had not mentioned already...
Pages: [1]   Go Up