Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to Milkytracker  (Read 2870 times)

waluchadji

• New User
  • Waa
    • View Profile
    • Waluchadji's Soundcloud
New to Milkytracker
« on: June 26, 2022, 20:52:09 »

Hi all. I'm Waluchadji ;D, a long-time user of Famitracker. While I love how close to the NES the program is, my ideas for original works have expanded beyond what Famitracker (vanilla with no mods) can currently do. Milkytracker appears to be quite close to what I've been looking for of late with how many channels it can hold at once, and how many instruments you can juggle in one channel (something Famitracker can't do, to my knowledge :rolleyes:).

I was hoping some veterans of the program (or anyone for that matter, since it appears a lot of trackers are similar-ish) could give some tips and tricks for using Milkytracker.

I've only just downloaded the newest version, and am attempting to play around with it to learn it, but that will take time, so anything would be greatly appreciated! :P :)

Wii fit main
Waluigi fan
Famitracker trash

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: New to Milkytracker
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 23:26:51 »

Welcome to the forums.
I was hoping some veterans of the program (or anyone for that matter, since it appears a lot of trackers are similar-ish) could give some tips and tricks for using Milkytracker.
That's quite a generic request, but if you browse around the forums a bit you will find lots of interesting pieces of information everywhere which might be just what you're after.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

waluchadji

• New User
  • Waa
    • View Profile
    • Waluchadji's Soundcloud
Re: New to Milkytracker
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 03:17:02 »

Welcome to the forums.

That's quite a generic request, but if you browse around the forums a bit you will find lots of interesting pieces of information everywhere which might be just what you're after.

1. Thank you! I hope to learn a bit about Milkytracker from here.
2. I figured, but I wanted to see how things are here first. The Famitracker forums are so dead that I applied to get in 1 year ago and never heard back that they even saw my request.
Wii fit main
Waluigi fan
Famitracker trash
Pages: [1]   Go Up