Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Polyend Tracker  (Read 3427 times)

ModTomIT

• New User
    • View Profile
Polyend Tracker
« on: September 27, 2023, 07:30:35 »

I was convinced by a friend who is a hardware geek to get this. I like it. Its interface is pretty nice. It's a little limited compared to a modern tracker in some ways but does have a few nice built in effects. The main thing I'd wish is that you could transfer files and samples to the SD card via USB but it's not too big of a deal. I had an idea to perform with two of these synced with the friend if I visit him. He says he used it to control other hardware he had...

It's hard to import other modules made in other programs, you can import MOD and IT with (I think?) up to 8 channels.

I do think that while a PC is definitely where I prefer to do tracking, making stuff to perform with is this thing's strength, since its interface really allows for switching between stuff and changing things on the fly for performance easier than any PC tracker I know of.

Anyways, it arranges samples and patterns in a folder and doesn't use or have its own "file format", which is disappointing but I guess saves resources on the tracker. It'd be nice if there were a player for PC. I don't think it would be hard to emulate this with a software emulator (for playing purposes) though...

I saw this mentioned in a thread and maybe I'm trying to convince myself that spending $500 USD on it was worth it when I'm not a hardware guy, haha.
Pages: [1]   Go Up