Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new string space  (Read 165 times)

clear2ooo

• New User
    • View Profile
new string space
« on: March 26, 2024, 00:24:17 »

clear2ooo

get used to me. i am a part-time computer programmer. also a less-successful electronic musician.

primarily i use openmpt. because sometimes i have to work with clunky plug-ins. but i have also used milky tracker and schism tracker. the latter program is better. but the keystroke combinations are not.

now i use 64-bit linux exclusively. beginning in 2014 i used ubuntu. before that i used windows. but i preferred xp and 32-bit. i had enough with "full screen menu" and broken "standard" apps of windows 8. however i had difficulty adjusting to gimp, libreoffice and other programs i found on ubuntu. in recent year i distro-hopped a bit. now i have spirallinux with kde plasma desktop on my older laptop. but it is older debian base "bullseye". meanwhile on my newer computer i'm using debian "bookworm" with mate desktop.

i shall look into "noble numbat." i hope is not too bloated. i don't mind snaps that well but i wish it could be snappy like 32-bit way back then. other things before i could return to ubuntu, which is what i prefer.

i have downloaded many modules from this site. since 2011 but there is a break of many years. i couldn't have internet. before too long i post about my first brushings with this site.

read my post again more carefully if:
* i post an emoticon.
* i reply to someone else.
* i provide link to another web site.

clear2ooo

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: new string space
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 02:29:11 »

top10

caught_my_illusion.xm
cloning_clones.xm
nf-picts.xm
radio_signals.s3m
scamper1.xm
temple_of_weirdness.xm
utopaiila.xm
032600.it
lamb_-_c64_-_einstein.xm
garbage.s3m

top 5 or 6 no particular order. they are all cool!

"cloning_clones" the closest style from recent artist arcenzzraath. except his tracks are just too loud.

i wish i could hear more drum-n-bass like "radio_signals", like the alex martin "summer rain" track also. (that on commercial cd compilation) actually difficult for me to do, i have tried it. i get tired quickly of "amen", "apache" etc.

the "scamper1" looks like it was by african artist. a bit too quiet. recall a bit like disjecta, i have both his records. like his work with seefeel too. but this module has odd beat, what i like the most.

discovered another called "botik.xm" by roberto mirkok. don't know if it's the same person. says also from consenza, italy. the same style.

all these downloaded circa 2011 also. not in recent time. i have three or so but i have to look up their filenames.

i put eleventh. but not actually in that list. i discovered this in "rockbot" game. it was put down as "daisie-bot" song. it was by artist from norway.

i put twelveth too. but got this from qb64 mod player by "a740g", one of the developers of qb64 phoenix edition. this is better to see patterns play back, i don't like music nor style that well. this only play "mod" format but is very good program.

read my post again more carefully if:
* i post an emoticon.
* i reply to someone else.
* i provide link to another web site.

Viraxor

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 12:21:04 »

Nice choices for the top 10, norfair and nagz!! Welcome back.

clear2ooo

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 03:02:44 »

shout-out

hackurr. sounds like "hurr-durr". not a good name you picked.

actually start your netlabel. don't just say you have it.

actually i like your music. i like drum-and-bass from mid-1990s, before "renegade hardware" and that junk. before "full cycle" became more mindless. i have "newforms" record, by ronisize/reprazent. maybe it's one of your favorites. most of your tracks remind me of it. the "jazzlike" especially.

i got bored. so i play back in openmpt. convert to mptm format and put a couple of vst plug-ins on it. to get stereo sound. couldn't do that with "jazzlike", forgot to install the plug-ins.

i wrote most of this stuff before i heard "mello". that's even better. with even less tweaking.

i go more for mid-1990s "english" electronic sound, occasional "german", maybe a couple of other european countries thrown in like biosphere from norway. i follow autechre up to and including "quaristice" 2009. i follow ยต-ziq or whatever he calls himself these days. but better "meast" by kid spatula release and earlier. many others, but i hate writing long sentences.

from what was downloaded from this site in recent, i also like "robric". from italy he says. does good 1980s like synth-pop stuff. but i have to enable pan envelope in some instruments because songs sound better in stereo.

i looked up "great red netlabel" in search, disappointed to get only two entries to "tma" were the best ones.

forgive me for changing subject.
Pages: [1]   Go Up