Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Site down?????????  (Read 16594 times)

Wanderer

• New User
    • View Profile
Site down?????????
« on: January 28, 2007, 05:51:29 »

Hi guys and gals!

I'm new here and I didn't see this anywhere else on this forum but I want to ask why I only get the message "The webpage cannot be found" whenever I click on............any.............Module?  

This has only happened since TMA absorbed Altered Perception.

Any thoughts?

This is.............THE..............place I come to for the greatest music on Earth for my listening plesure only.......of course!

You folks RRRRrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRock!

Thanks and

Cheers
rackers Rock, Roll, and Rule! ;)

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
Site down?????????
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 10:49:52 »

Please do give a few examples to go on, saying "any" isn't enough simply because te random ones ive picked from around the directories all work, for me at least.

It's also unlikely to do with the reason you mentioned, as the original files are untouched and in exactly the same places as before.

Oh one more thing. You wouldn't happen to be using the OLD modarchive pages, would you? I mean, if you're using an automatic downloader and have only got through half of the modules then i'm afraid you'll be out of luck. Just a wild guess here. You need to use the links on modarchive.org. And if you are using a mass-downloader, make sure you put a delay of 10 seconds between each file, and only do 2 at a time else the ban hammer kicks in and you wouldn't want that :) Failing that (and the fact we can't cope with mass-downloads) is to use the wondeful Bit Torrent archives.

Code: [Select]

access_log:67.173.130.xxx- - [27/Jan/2007:23:34:22 -0500] "GET /4829/C/ckbetwee.it.zip HTTP/1.1" 404 228
access_log:67.173.130.xxx- - [27/Jan/2007:23:34:27 -0500] "GET /4829/C/ckout.it.zip HTTP/1.1" 404 225

This above log file indeed suggests you are using the old download links.

Please, use www.modarchive.org

Edit: Note since I posted this the modarchive.org site itself has actually experienced some issues which are in the hands of the provider, so it's currently down.
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

Wanderer

• New User
    • View Profile
Site down?????????
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 18:47:36 »

Thanks Mod!   :thumbup:

Yes I was using links on the old site http://www.modarchive.com/index_1.shtml.

Just checked and this link doesn't work.

http://www.modarchive.com/cgi-bin/download.cgi/A/angels_.xm

I've never used a mass downloader because that is being lazy and lazy is something I'm not.  Besides I can only listen to about 6 or 8 songs a day so why do I even need a mass downloader? and it's also a bad thing for a site's bandwidth!  

I'm addicted so to speak to this kind of music and I appreciate everyone's efforts that can write this kind of music.   I've tried it, wrote about 4 songs that sound nothing like I wanted to begin with, then gave up trying to write because I didn't want to even accidentally steal someone's samples.  

I just love this music! ;)

I just saw the news on the old site about the server not responding.  So I need to use http://www.modarchive.org/ instead of .com?

Thanks again m0d!  You've been very helpful!  8-)  I didn't even know there was a .org!!  I've always just used the .com.    :thumbup:

[EDIT] Wow!  Now the .com is working and the .org is not!  LoL  :???:   :shock:

Cheers

m0d

• Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Site down?????????
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 20:49:20 »

Yes, the server was down today (it's up again now) and this happened in the middle of the bloody transition period so no wonder folks are confused. Anyway i'm glad you found the .com's update because I juggled it all around while the .org server was broken. Now that the .org server is OK again we should all use that.

I will update the necessary pages on the .com site again :)

That's my Sunday 100% gone now :\
💬 Modarchive Discord

Wanderer

• New User
    • View Profile
Site down?????????
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 22:41:09 »

Damn m0d!  Sorry man!   Well if it's any consolation?  My sunday is shot to hell too.  LoL  The .com site only works if you click on the filename twice for some reason.   Sometimes it will come up with the file download on the first try but about 70% of the time you have to hit stop, then hit refresh, or click on the file again.  It seems like something with the provider and not modarchive itself.   They may have servers in all of this snow we've been getting and some lines are down or something.

Thank you though for all your hard work too!!!!!   I appreciate it man!  I could've waited a while but I'm just used to modarchive being there all the time and wondered about it.

Oh and I always just manually click on one file at a time because those mass downloaders suck anyway simply because they drain too much bandwidth and I was always afraid they wouldn't get what I wanted.

[EDIT] I'll probably get every file on modarchive....eventually but I'm 43 years old now and will probably be 90 when that happens and it won't be because of some stupid mass downloader!!!!!!!!!!   Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr......  :cross:

Thanks again m0d!  You also Rock and Rule!!!!  :thumbup:   8-)   :D   :)   :P

m0d

• Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Site down?????????
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 23:09:03 »

Hehe :) The multi-clicking on a file is usually because the data server it selects first is busy, so you eventually get to one which isn't and has a slot free to download from.

So, you have snow? That's cool. We haven't had any real snow in years, usually just a couple of centimeters (about an inch or two) which sucks :( The winters seem to be getting warmer here (i'm in europe by the way, I'm based in The Netherlands) however we could be in for a cold snap around February, so we never know our luck (just as long as it's not "too much" snow).

Always nice to hear from modarchive "fans", getting hellos from folks like yourself goes much further than you probably realize when it comes to motivation.

:thumbup:
💬 Modarchive Discord

Wanderer

• New User
    • View Profile
Site down?????????
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 23:41:39 »

Quote from: "m0d"
Hehe :) The multi-clicking on a file is usually because the data server it selects first is busy, so you eventually get to one which isn't and has a slot free to download from.

So, you have snow? That's cool. We haven't had any real snow in years, usually just a couple of centimeters (about an inch or two) which sucks :( The winters seem to be getting warmer here (i'm in europe by the way, I'm based in The Netherlands) however we could be in for a cold snap around February, so we never know our luck (just as long as it's not "too much" snow).

Always nice to hear from modarchive "fans", getting hellos from folks like yourself goes much further than you probably realize when it comes to motivation.

:thumbup:

Ah!  Okay!   That's why sometimes I have to click on it twice!   That may also be due to some snow or something especially if the host server is located somewhere in the northern USA.  ;)

You're in the Netherlands?   So you're dutch I take it?  You speak, or at least, type perfect English!    I'm 1/4th Dutch myself but didn't have enough Dutch relatives close enough to me to learn the language from!  :cry:  Just had all these English speaking people around me all my life! LoL

Yeah I'll give you, all the trackers out there, and modarchive a great BIG ...........HELLO!   Again I appreciate your efforts as well as those that produce the content of this site!!!   I will respect it as long as I live!!!!

Had to quote this....sorry!  But yeah!  It is nothing for us to get 8 to 12 inches of snow in one shot here in De Kalb Illinois, USA.  :(  And this is on days when I have to be at work at 6:00am!!!   :cry:   So that's getting up at 4:15am, scraping ice and snow off my vehicle for 20 minutes while the vehicle runs and heats up for another 25 min!   :cry:  That's 45 minutes I have to get up early just so I can pick up a rider that also works with me in Sycamore, Illinois on time.   Not too much snow this particular time though....only 1 inch yesterday that hasn't melted yet since it only got up to 15 degrees fahrenheit today.

I hear that it rains a lot in the UK and the Netherlands?  If it got cold there a lot also, you'd be in a world of hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;)

[EDIT]It has been very nice to meet you m0d!  I hope this next weekend will be brighter for you!   8-)    :D  

[EDIT2] I now realize that I should've posted this in  http://www.modarchive.com/db/boards2/viewforum.php?f=9

Dooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  LoL!!! ;) Soooorrrrrryyyy peopleses'

Cheers

the Deviant

• View Profile
    • http://thedeviant.nav.to
Site down?????????
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 13:27:16 »

Quote from: "Wanderer"

I hear that it rains a lot in the UK and the Netherlands?  If it got cold there a lot also, you'd be in a world of hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;)

It's rarely not raining in the UK...  :-|

saw an interesting program the other day, apparently we have more tornadoes per land area than anywhere else in the world. About 60 recorded last year.

F**ing crazy British weather  :lol:

Ceekayed

• TMA Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
    • Ceekayed on Soundcloud
Site down?????????
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 15:46:30 »

Quote from: "Wanderer"

Yeah I'll give you, all the trackers out there, and modarchive a great BIG ...........HELLO!   Again I appreciate your efforts as well as those that produce the content of this site!!!   I will respect it as long as I live!!!!

Why hello to you too. :)

I'm personally fed up with the weather around here. This winter seemed nice at first but now it's down to -20 celsius (-4F). And getting colder all the time. Last winter's peak was around -40 in the town where I lived at the time. And it was windy too. *shrugs*

zovik

• New User
    • View Profile
    • http://mcs.drury.edu/nbloomfield
Site down?????????
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 03:07:30 »

-4F?? I'll stop complaining about the 20F here in Missouri, USA :)
on't believe everything you read on the internets. -W
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up