Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for old Kitsune songs  (Read 7434 times)

bman

• New User
    • View Profile
Looking for old Kitsune songs
« on: April 23, 2007, 14:36:05 »

Hi,

I'm looking fro a few songs by an Australian author, Kitsune.  Apparently they were written for a group called 'fire' or 'DiE' (But possibly not - I recieved them from a member of the group who told me this)  They would have been written somewhere around 1994-1995 from memory, but possibly as early as '93-'94.

Names include:
mod.run  -  filename was mod.therun I think

mod.kitsune

mod.noname  -  this is my greatest upset.  I have been upset since I misplaced this song!

mod.ultimate  -  Possibly a typo called this mod.untimate from what I remember

and lastly, one called 'Too much techno'  I'm unsure of the filename.

If anyone can help with ANY of these (esp the mod.noname), please let me know!

Thanks,
Phil.

PS: I remember that I was very young and ended up modifying mod.noname with a hex editor and changing the song title to 'Phils fave mod' and uploading it to a local BBS.  Please forgive me, but this could help...  If I can describe these mods any better, I will try, just let me know.

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 16:01:24 »

It might help if you know what the lead instruments sounded like, or the most identifable sound at least. Some mods have the same names, I could already list you a noname mod but it's likely the wrong one.

http://modarchive.org/download.php/N/noname1.mod

And I imagine you already searched...

Just in case not, here's one:

http://modarchive.org/search.php?query=noname&type=filename&genreid=0&format=all
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

bman

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 12:20:15 »

Hi M0d,

OK here goes.  I have searched through the modarchive, as well as the Amiga music Preservation website AND the demoscene website. (But thanks)  :)

mod.noname - It's mainly a piano (very natural sound, fairly complex tune)  Near the end, there is a slow down and it turns to another instrument and totally different tune.  It then gets more bass and there is two instruments used (chk and kaa <-sp?) to produce a "chk-chk-chaa" voice sound.  The piano finishes up.  I remember one of the instruments was called something like madambichatrumpet I know it had 'madam' something like bitch in the middle, and 'trumpet', all one work, all lower case.

too much techno - Starts with a bass drum.  suonds like this: (drums)1-23, 1-23 *pause* 12345, *repeat*, (human voice)"WAOW"  It repeats a few times, then starts in with a snare drum included over the same pattern.  I forget the rest, unfortunately...  Fairly easy going techno is all I remember.

mod.run, mod.kitsune - I honestly don't know how to describe these.  I can play them in my head, but that's not a lot of use to anyone else..  I figure if someone has the others, they would probably know these is my best thought.  If anyone DOES have matching names by Kitsune, I'd gladly take them though!

mod.ultimate - Another one I can't quite reproduce for other people...  It starts off with some very heavy/deep drums alternating between the right and left channel one at a time.  fairly slowish.  like *Booong*......*Booong*, then it starts to add little parts to it between the drums to gradually take it from extremely simple to quite a complex tune.  There is definately a ahaker/snare drum in there somewhere.  If I remember correctly, it starts very simple, then gets more and more complex before going back to simple for a nice finish.

I really hope this helps.

Phil.

PS: For reference, the piano in "crumbs - remox" by Kitsune sounds like the same piano in noname.

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 14:22:38 »

I'm afraid even after your descriptions I am at a loss. Sorry :(

:cry:

Have you had any luck in the meantime?
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

Axxy

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 02:38:00 »

Kitsune has a few mods at http://amp.dascene.net/home.php
You can search on his handle (on the left) to get his list of mods. Either group you mentioned don't seem to be listed tho....

A better bet, go to ftp://ftp.modland.com
In the pub/modules folder - under protracker or screamtracker 3 folders, you'll find a few more mods by him..

bman

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 10:47:26 »

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the info Axxy and m0d, I found a couple of good ones I'd not seen before.  Unfortunately, I didn't find the ones I'm looking for.   :(

I'm still looking, but I think these may be lost forever.  I have been reading the mod files I have from Kitsune (the instruments parts) and it looks like he moved (to the UK) a few years ago.  I looked for his number at the address listed in one of his mods, but couldn't find it.  I'll not give up hope yet though.

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Phil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up