Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: News news  (Read 8309 times)

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
News news
« on: May 22, 2007, 00:20:34 »

:breakpage:
Welcome to the new news page! Aha, yes, it's been tidied up around here somewhat - the clutter was starting to get on my nerves so I had a long coding session, shuffling the stuff around and now it seems to sit nicely (for the moment at least, anyway).

Another few features have been added, such as the new Quick Search panel, and as part of that another new feature - The Random Page picker, neat huh? See how fast it is now? I also took the speed improvement and applied it to the Random Module picker as well :D

Few other things too:

- Menus tidied up, collapsible/expandable.

- If you are registering, you will now have your username and screen name checked for validity in real-time on the signup form.

- Those that are registered members and are logged in will see the quota statistics for their IP address. The quota system has been operating now for more than 3 months to clamp down on abusive resource hoggers. You will be able to see how many items you can download and so on...

- Our chat room is now so busy I thought it would be a nice idea to pop a nice little display of who's currently active in the channel - you can get to it via the Features menu, and click on the number next to "On:".

- For artists, there is now an artist bulletin system within the artist area, this is mainly for us to convey important information directly to the artists.

Well I think that's about it!

Drop by the chat and say Hi sometime, or post on this news item! - It's always nice to hear from those invisible folks who appreciate the site, and it's not that HARD to do now, is it? :D

Cheers!

- m0d
:breakpage:
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
News news
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 13:50:21 »

Very nice work, good job, m0d ;)
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker
Pages: [1]   Go Up