Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Give a listen to your Moderator's Music  (Read 7817 times)

mrvegas

• New User
    • View Profile
Give a listen to your Moderator's Music
« on: June 19, 2007, 21:01:48 »

After listening through m0d's ahx files on the archive, I went and clicked on his outside website.  He has some really awesome music up there.  I downloaded several of the mp3s.  "Escape from Marwinia" and "Return to Marwinia" (the most recent ones, I think) are particularly good.

It's nice to hear a few longer pieces that work as a true listening experience.  There's a very, very high level of craftsmanship.  For those of you that require comparisons, I'd say it's sort of Classical meets Celtic meets Emerson-Lake and Palmer.

Anyway, I'm fairly certain trackers weren't involved much, if at all, in those songs (though I've guessed wrong there before), and that's why they're not on the archive.  Nonetheless, if you listen to them, you won't be disappointed.

(No -- I'm not trying to ingratiate myself with the moderator.  The music is really good.)

Eagle

• Rising Star
  • Technique Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eagle's pulsonal website.
Give a listen to your Moderator's Music
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 15:16:34 »

M0d uses cakewalk and a whole lot of synths (his studio looks like a music store, haha). And yes, I agree with you that he is real d*** good at what he is doing. I'm sure he'll appreciate your feedback when he comes by. :)
Collecting trackers and sequencers since 2006!
Pages: [1]   Go Up